Thursday 15 March 2012

Meeting Julia, Queen of WOYWW and her handmaiden, Lady Jan

Well, where to begin huh?
Julia and I - just having met! See, I've just been given a WOYWW badge - hence the pink embarrassed nose and cheeks as well! Trust me, if I ever had to go and be 'invested' at Buck House I'd be in danger of keeling over!

For me, it was a brilliant lunchtime (hope Julia and Jan agree). I promise you, they are two totally fabulous ladies and within minutes it was as if I'd known them both for years, so warm and welcoming! We chatted and laughed non-stop (and also included Sandra in the fun, by phone.....talk about tele-conferencing).

The brown paper sack wasn't needed at all - I think we christened him Billy No-Mates at one point, as I had taken him along as an emergency opt-out :) Julia did take a photo of him with Jan, but I don't have a copy of that little masterpiece!

So, all I can say is one very big thank you to Julia and Jan for making yesterday's lunch such great fun. Hope you ladies don't come by again without letting me know - just remember the cherries for the stone spitting contest next time!

OK, so here's the usual silly tale. On Monday I went to get my hair chopped in honour of the occasion. I think my hairdresser totally messed up my usual light honey 'semi' colour mix! Oh boy, since Monday morning I'd washed my hair three times and was still squeaking in alarm every time this no-longer blonde stranger peeked back at me from a mirror. So there was another reason for almost resorting to the paper sack!

And thank you too for the lovely comments on here yesterday everyone :)

Di
x

16 comments:

  1. What a fab photo. It's so lovely to hear you had a great time and so very special to see the real people that I feel I know so very well.
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps Even mine and Jo's pics were on a blog yesterday :-)
    Hugs
    A
    ....you just need to know where to look :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun time was had by all, it is so lovely to meet up with crafty friends, I never realised until I started attending a monthly craft meet and met a fabulous bunch of crafters and this monthly playday is the highlight of my month. Hope you all get to spend more time together soon. Hugs, Amanda X

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO glad you all had such a fab lunch! Love Debbie xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoop Whoop! . . . you certainly SOUNDED like you were all having fun!

    I am definitely gonna have to meet up with you bunch of nutters at some point! Don't worry . . . I'll be wearing my white coat . . . and very possibly a brown paper bag!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had a brilliant time di, and you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like lots of fun was had by all. I've also met Di and can confirm she's one of lifes "Angels". We'll have to meet up again sometime! Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds as though you all had a great time,love the photo!! Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, it was sooooooo much fun! Julia and I had such a laugh with you, Di - I agree that it felt as if we'd known each other for ages! We certainly, definitely, must meet up again :) It's so lovely when you feel instantly at ease with someone and are on the same wavelength - daft, that is!!
    Hugs, LLJ # xxxx
    PS I'll bring a large bag of cherries next time :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh Di, just how many glasses of wine did you have??!!! Knew you'd all get on like a house on fire, but we need more photos!! Especially if you wore the paper bag at any time!

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Di, Well judging by your photo it looks like you had a fab time and as you say you felt as if you had known them for ages that sort of thing happens and nice that you was at ease have a great day:) x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Di it was just fab to meet you, So so glad you felt the same way me and Jan did, what a laugh! I'm sorry the other pic hasn't arrived yet, I can't get my phone to send it now, but will keep trying! Did you do ironing? I didn't!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Di, I'd loved to have been there too, it sounds like the three of you got on like a house on fire :) And the bonus is that from now on you will be able to put more than a face to the names when checking reading the blogs. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know the hair do feeling. My hairdresser has assured me that the bright orange tint to my fringe will wash out. She just didn't tell me which wash it will be. Until them the paper bag stays in situ.
    P.s. Glad you all had a super time. Sob Sob.
    hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm laughed when I read your previous post. Only you would think of that bag and only you would actually take it along. So glad you had such a fun time.
    Hugs
    Bernie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.