Monday 12 March 2012

Made for each other

Sometimes, totally different sources of things seem to be perfectly made for each other. Whilst rootling round looking for something or other I came across some vintage style decoupaged toppers, already made when I bought them ages ago. I needed a 'quick to make card for today', writing up the snippets playground roll call took my crafting time up over Saturday. Sunday was all booked up but I ended Saturday by finding the backing papers I had in mind and bingo - one very quick and easy card!
I used:

- 6" x 6" cream card stock

- backing paper from Pink Paislee's 'Butterfly Collection' - oh boy, are there some gorgeous papers in this collection

- the teddy bear topper came from a pack I found in Wilkinson's of all places! They seem to get odds and ends from 'Craft and Create' in sometimes, so it's always worth checking what they have - I just used a decoupaged teddy topper and added the lilac butterfly, also in the packet, to what seemed to be a bare spot on the heart. It doesn't show in the photo but there are lovely touches of glittering plus some little gems on the toppers too

- organza ribbon from ribbon box

Whew, a quick and easy card which I think makes good use of that fabulous paper!

Di
x

17 comments:

  1. OOOOOOOOO....I love that paper, and the toppper...yum yum yum ...xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute little teddy :-)
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep . . . it certainly does make good use of both elements. Gorgeous. Don't you just love it when a plan comes together? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That card is just adorable ... don't think you can ever go wrong with teddies! Love Debbie xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous card Di, and what gorgeous paper, such a brilliant find. Your little teddy is so sweet and adorable.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Teddies are always in favour, and I love them too along with many other cuties in cardmaking! The paper suits the teddy really well. Thanks for sharing. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the paper Di! The heart is a great little frame to put your teddy bear in. I always find random shops sometimes have the hidden treasures! I went into Staples last week and got a load of papermania goodies half price (always good when you are a student ;) )
    Gorgeous card xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute little card Di, the paper is perfect with the topper. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Di, Wow this is so beautiful the backing papers are stunning are you say l must check them out, gorgeous image it's amazing what Wilkinsons sell you got a good buy The teddy topper is so lovely and the colours too add to the perfect finish ......totally gorgeous, ......Yes i am one of the lucky persons to win the Cd-Rom Di, and l feel so proud to have won l was so surprised because when you enter candy wins your up against a lot of lovely people who are so talented and wouldn't it be nice for us all to win but as we know that can't happen l'm still pinching myself l'm so grateful and thankful to the Design team member for chosen me:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love this! Would make a good mother's day card. I know mine would love it!!

    BTW do you still like Stampin' Bella?
    Have you seen the one of her eating a huge box of chocolates?

    http://www.quixoticpaperie.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=12_236_269&products_id=4044

    ReplyDelete
  11. ...just adorable Di...this card has a real victoriana feel...beautiful...Mel :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cracking card, fabulous paper and the image is cute and doesn't cover too much of the lovely paper.
    Next time you are rootling around do you think you could find my favorite scissors as I have no idea where they have got to.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the card Di. Thanks for visiting my blog earlier. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the gentle reminiscence of this card. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Di, if you call by my blog you will see there is something for you:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  16. Diane this is gorgeous I love the backing paper, the image is so cte it looks 3D.
    Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ahh wow, gorgeous paper and really cute bear! M x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.