Friday 9 March 2012

Less Is More - Neutrals Challenge - Week 57

Yikes, this week's challenge over at Less Is More seemed really daunting - until my buddy Sarn nudged me with some pointers. This is what I came up with in the end, having been bogged down in thoughts of purely stamping, before the nudge:
All it took was a rummage through my snippets to find neutral card scraps and I was away :)

I used:

- a white square card, just under 5" square

- grosgrain ribbon from stash (I bought this ages ago from QVC, loads of spools in all shades - not much on each spool, but it always seems to come to the rescue)

- hearts punched out of cream, grey, mid-brown and dark brown snippets. Just a line drawn down each using an embossing tool, then arranged onto a small circle of white card into a flower and topped with black card candi

- sentiment stamped using Brilliance 'Pearlescent Chocolate' and a stamp which is one of Hobbycraft's own brand. I thought the quite sombre colours lent themselves to a sympathy card

Thank you Sarn - where would I be without you?!

Friday Feast will follow shortly :)

Di
x

13 comments:

  1. Isn't it funny how colours affect how you see things. Brown is not my colour so if this was pink, lilac or blues I'd really love it but brown just doesn't float my boat.
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Di, it was a real toughy of challenge this week wasn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That card is just perfect ... both for the occasion and the challenge! And I LoVe the colours!
    Thanks for your message on my blog ... Maggie is actually a "real life" friend and I can't even guess at how long I have known her ... could easily be 20 years or so maybe?
    Maggie keeps encouraging me to have-a-go at the challenges and keeps mentioning "Pixie's Snippets" but the penny only just dropped that it is YOU!!!
    I'm afraid my confidence levels are at an all time low since losing mommy (six years this year!) and I'm not sure I am up to putting pressure on myself to do challenges. Plus I am not really quite sure what to do! I will have a nosey around and a good read and see if I am up to it!!!! Love Debbie xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those hearts make an effective flower Di
    Super card
    Thank you very much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant card Di, CAS but so effective. Love the colours and design and your fabulous sentiment stamp.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, could do the heart in so many combinations of colours and make so many more cards. Elegant and simple.

    Looking forward to seeing this week's receipe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoop whoop . . . great snippets/LIM neutral card. KNEW you could do it! Great result.

    Tummy is rumbling . . . awaiting Friday Feast!!!! LOL! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Friday Feast looks yummy! And a lovely card Di...xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super job, this looks fab!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another brilliant card Di, great for the lim challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab. CAS card Di - love the heart flower. It was great to try out a neutral colour scheme at LIM this week - it wouldn't normally be my first choice, but it helped me use up some of my left-overs of SU card!
    Hugs, Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I struggled too this week but as I missed the last 2 challenges I thought I had better pull myself together and make the effort.
    Fabulous card, love the idea of the flower made with hearts, looks really brilliant.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card, the colours are very appropriate for the occasion and another lovely heart flower for me to try :) Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.