Wednesday 21 March 2012

Less Is More - Week 59 - Masking

It took me three goes before I felt OK-ish about this card, orange sun, pale sun and finally no sun :(
I masked across the centre of the card using Eclipse Strips - I'd heard about them a while ago and to my delight a friend gave me a pack of three brand new rolls the other week, found in a bag of craft goodies at the charity shop. She didn't have a clue what they were, so I kept quiet and accepted them pretty smartly!

The cloudy sky was made using a 'cardboard cut to cloud shapes' mask which was just moved about and daubed along the edge with a duster brush using Tumbled Glass DI. More detail about how to do this can be found in an older posting here.

Just a punched butterfly and sentiment to finish it off. I'm entering this into this week's Less Is More Challenge. Good job you can't see the really rubbish options that ended up in the wastepaper bin though!

I used:

- 6" x 6" square white card stock

- Kanban 'African Gold' design card from snippets folder

- butterfly punched from a snippet of orange card and topped with teeny black gems

- sentiment by Elzybells stamped in 'Tuxedo Black'

It's just gone midnight and my carriage already turned into a pumpkin here so I'm off to bed. Hope to be back with WOYWW - if I can find my camera in amongst all the rubbish craft stuff piled on there!

Di
x

16 comments:

  1. Don't faint... yes, it really is me leaving a comment on your blog post :D
    I love this card... everything about it - the simplicity and elegance, the fun, the wording... and te colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That'a a great sky Di, the inking is super.
    What a great find in the charity shop...lucky you to have it as a gift!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. well worth the deliberations hon...its fab JUST as it is! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Di

    Loving your gorgeous sky and butterfly .. .. .. accompanied by the perfect sentiment!!

    Great finished make.

    What a late night blogger you are. My eyes just won't stay open that long .. .. especially in front of a computer screen!!!

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Di, and great for the challenge so elegant too!:) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOOOOH Di . . . this is just FABULOUS. I love it. Clever masking and cloud making. Perfect sentiment too.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know how you manage to keep up with everything and make cards too - love the clouds on this one. Might have a go with my lovely brushes and inks later. Off out for a break now, I need a strong coffee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a super card! I love the clouds and the pop of the butterfly. And what a great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card Di, the sky looks terrific

    Thank you so much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great card. I love your masking. Don't know how the card would have looked like with the sun, but without it looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Delightful card-great clouds.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Never done masking and tried hard all week and managed a very simple cloud effort but after seeing this fabulous card of yours I will not be entering this week because I can't face trying again.
    Not a good week for me card making this week.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty Di, great masking. Sadly my card got kicked out of LIM cos I linked it to one too many challenges!!!

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Di, you might have guessed I'm doing a bit of catching up on your blog ... can't think where I've been this week, I feel so much like the 'coo's tail', all behind. Anyhoo, love your CAS card - the clouds are fab. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is the second time I've heard "dusters" mentioned...I've never heard of them before. I'm assuming you used them like a sponge? Your card is just fabulous...love that blue sky!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card Di, really simple but so effective. Love the orange xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.