Thursday 15 March 2012

Less Is More - One Layer - Script - Week 58

I'm beginning to really look forward to the LIM Challenges, even if it takes some time chewing over what to make. This week's challenge got me thinking a bit - do I stamp the script and a flower separately, or resort to a lovely and very rarely used stamp peering at me accusing from a shelf and begging to be allowed to play? It won in the end :)
I used:

- 4.75" x 4.75" square white card stock

- image stamped in 'London Fog' using the 'now happy' stamp, it's a Penny Black one called 'Letters & Flowers'. Softly coloured using lilac and green chalks with that wonderful Dove blender pen that I've raved about on here before

- a piece of lilac organza ribbon from the ribbon box

All done - and I'd like to enter this into  the Less Is More Week 58 Challenge.

That piece of ribbon has been on and off the card more times than enough - in the end I opted to keep it :) My in-house critic had the deciding vote in the end!

Di
x

18 comments:

  1. The right decision was made. The ribbon is perfect. Really lovely card Di.
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, keep the ribbon, for once, Len is right! I have this stamp and didn't even think about using it!!

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Di, this is truly stunning great script and lovely flower your so talented. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Di not sure if Mr linky is playing up again .....can't pick up your recipe for today?!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, so soft and elegant!
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful Di, simply beautiful..xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Di
    Hugs Elaine
    Well done

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, really delicate and for a special recipient. Have fun! Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm with your in-house critic - the ribbon finishes of the card perfectly and that stamp is so beautiful it doesn't deserve the neglect you've subjected it to until now :)) Elizabeth x

    PS: I've just had a sneak preview - title only - of tomorrow's Friday Feast :))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Defo the right choice to keep the ribbon on. Shucks I missed a lunch date.! Hugs Mrs A

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is really pretty Diane... lovely delicate colour.
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card Diane
    I almost used this stamp this week

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brilliant card Di, love it such a lovely delicate shade too. Ribbon is spot on.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's Beautiful Di! What a lovely stamp and you colored it so beautifully. Len is right about the ribbon, love it.
    Hugs
    Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Di, this is simply stunning, elegant and classy. Love it!
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Err . . . not sure how I missed this card as I come by EVERY DAY!

    But . . . it is GORGEOUS and perfect for the challenge. Yeah . . . leave the ribbon ON . . . I like it.

    Okay . . . now I'll have to rustle up some mojo for my entry . . . .

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.