- 6" x 6" cream card stock
- pale green card background, a snippet, which has washed out in the bright light here when I took the photo! Trust me, it really is a pretty pistachio green
- Creative Expressions 5.5" square mask for the 'grasses' - snigger, looking white and not pale green :), daubed all over using Adirondack 'Cloudy Blue'. I did debate about using a spray or two rather than 'daubing' but bottled out in the end. Perhaps next time
- I masked off the 'sun' whilst doing the 'sky' and then used the piece of card left from die cutting the disc for the sun to cover the rest of the card whilst sponging the sun through the circle with Adirondack 'Salmon' ink
- all stamps used are by Lavinia - the fairy is called 'Flower Fairy'. I guess the others are called something like 'Toadstools' and 'Stardust' :) - all stamped using Memento 'Gray Flannel' ink pad
- peach card from the snippets folder for the backing layer
- butterflies die cut from another peach snippet using SU's 'Beautiful Wings' Embosslit
- sentiment is SU from the 'A Word for You' set, stamped onto a snippet of pale green card using Memento 'Gray Flannel' ink pad and punched with SU's 'Modern Label' punch
- little diamantes here and there
- tickles of Stickles on the fairy wings 'Frosted Lace' and on the stardust ... appropriately enough called 'Stardust'
Despite the current heatwave the Playground has been very busy this week - lots of freckled little girls running to and fro in wet swimsuits :)
So here are just a few 'picks':
We had a few other really beautiful Droplets cards too - so I do hope you take the time to look at last week's Mr Linky and pay some visits to your playmates.
That's just a quick run through as it's so hot here today (Saturday as I type) I need to run and wash all the floors so they dry in double quick time before Len returns from archery.
OK, prizes now - first of all there's the usual weekly prize, the Little Claire stamp plus those Twinkling H2Os. And the winner is:
Well done Kim - can you please drop me an email reminding me of your address, ta!
And now onto those 'Lattice' embossing folders, the nearest thing to 'Tied Together' in my 'umble opinion.
We had quite a flurry and over the two weeks there were 11 playmates who entered a total of three times or more. Out came the sun hat (once I rescued it from the parrot who was using it as a sunshade) but it had chewed a big hole in it so I numbered the eligible names and used the Random number generator thingy again, and the winners are:
Well done girls, can you also please drop me an email with your address in - it makes life easier for me even if you've been a previous winner. firstname.lastname@example.org
Crumbs, I think that might be all UK winners this time. Purely the luck of the draw I hasten to add. And I only wish I'd had 11 to give away :(
And yet again, this coming week's prize is connected to my snippets card for today:
Kimbo (Kim) (such a bad influence 'cos of course I went and bought one for myself to play with). Plus there's a Lavinia 'Flower Fairy' stamp, bought specially at Newbury to go with the mask. No toadstools and stardust stamps though I'm afraid :(
One snippet of nice news is that Maggie C hopes to be coming back to play with us soon - yay - that'll be great! I think it's just as soon as she manages to eject the workmen from the house :)
The Playground will run as usual this week with the gates closing at noon UK time on Saturday 20th July. Maximum of three entries and please say 'No thank you' in a comment if you wish to still play but not be a winner of this week's prize, shown above. Mr Linky is below - do please let me know if you have any problems linking, I can sort it out for you quite quickly and am always happy to do so.