Thursday 25 August 2011

25th of the month - it's Rudolph Day!

Crumbs, it only seems five minutes since it was the last 25th of the month!
The star stamp has been languishing, un-inked for years! It's called 'Wire Star' by Stampendous dated 2002 - and I wouldn't be surprised if that's as long as I've had it! The sentiment and star were stamped in silver ink and then embossed using Platinum Silver embossing powder onto a background of white card which has the slightest tracings of a silvery crackle pattern. Then layered onto silver linen effect card - I was amazed at how many different tones of silver card I tried before finding this one in my stash - and just popped onto an A6 white card.

My 'in-house' critic saw the card and said 'It's got a wonky leg'!!! Men, they have little or no understanding of such things do they?! Mind you, he's currently nursing a wonky leg as well - from a swift kick on the shin :))

It's busy here today - I have a little surprise to take round to my young friend Abigail in a minute. Her very own Marcel the Monkey :) Secretly adopted after she fell in love with Marvin recently. She's currently on crutches after dislocating her knee, yet again - so hopefully Marcel will cheer her up.

So, for once this is short and sweet! 

Di
x

8 comments:

  1. I'm chuckling cos I have a little monkey too and I plan to make her a little dress of her own so you may well see her showing it off on my blog some time soon :-)
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card. This star is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your so kind Di, Abigail will love her Marcel so gorgeous! havn't seen yours for some time where are you hiding it? love your card l like the star image and l like the silver crackle pattern looks lovley :) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a gorgeous Rudolph Day card Di. Great stamp! An oldie but a goodie!

    Thanks for joining in!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely simple card Di. I think I used to have the actual wire star that matches it.
    My OH looks at everything I make to find 'the crooked bit'. I think the problem is me - I have got Isaiah syndrome (One eye's higher then the other!)I can't stick anything striaght. But the 'wonky' leg is what gives your star it's character. Men!!
    Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your star with the 'wonky' leg. Fabulous card!
    Poor Len but then you'd think he'd know better by now.
    You are such a giving person. Abigail is lucky to have you for a neighbor and I'm blessed to call you my friend.
    Hugs
    Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card and how many stamps have we all got hanging around waiting to be stamped, love it all in silver.
    You do make me smile, my OH has no interest whatsoever in my cards, which upset me at first but now I am pleased as there are no negative comments.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Di

    A fabby Christmas card for Rudolph Day!!!

    I actually managed to join in this time too .. woo hoo!!!

    I thought of you when I used the holly background papers .. .. and made sure I covered the heart up!! LOL!!!

    Loving your embossed star with his "wonky leg"!!

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.