Tuesday 23 August 2011

Sunny side up!

EDIT! If you're reading this thinking it's WOYWW I apologise! I added a wrong link to Julia's Mr Linky thingy wotsit. WOYWW is further up - hit Home at the top of the page and the right posting should be there. It's definitely another Mrs Potato Head day here today :(



What a wet morning - sorry ladies, all our fault as there's some work going on outside here. Mind you, rain has stopped play for now so my prayer mat is out for better weather too!

It's our DIL's birthday and, rain or no rain, I have to go and post this today so that it arrives in Germany on time:

The image was sent to me by Sarn of Stamping for Pleasure (thanks again hun!), it's a House Mouse one called 'Sunny Side Up'. Coloured with Pro Markers then trimmed right round the image - does everyone else sort of stick their tongue between their teeth when snipping carefully?!

The orange background card is 'Core'dinations, the yellow papers are from my snippets with the plain one embossed using a small free embossing folder that came with a magazine a little while back - perfect for snippets!

I couldn't find any matching green card so used the little trick of cutting a piece of white card to size and then ran one of the greens I'd used (chisel end) right round the edge. The yellow card was left from the embossed card and the brown card came from my snippets too. The sentiment is from Craftwork cards.

Josy Rose Nail Heads added the finishing touch. I love these Jules and, although you might not participate in 'awards' there is a button on my sidebar which I'd like you to snag - it came to me from The Crafty Elf and is a kind of 'it's all your fault' button! It says' Way to go! You're To Blame And That's A Good Thing!'
Every now and then Frequently we crafters find something just brilliant out from other blogs and Josy Rose Nail Heads are one of those things for me! Plus, I actually read the instructions properly this morning and discovered that the nail heads can get scratched as you apply them if you aren't careful. The solution? A little piece of material between the nail head and the Hot Fix Wand (I pinched one of Len's white handkerchiefs and snipped it up - hope he doesn't read this or I'm in deep doggy do do's!). Result, perfect! Happy bunny hops here :)

I chose the HM image as I love sunflowers and am sure that Kai, our DIL, does too. Right now in Germany I expect the fields are full of them - and you can pick your own, along with all sorts of gorgeous flowers. There would be an honesty box beside the pathway of the field for you to pay - huh, I wonder if that would work over here? The honesty box would probably be pinched!

I'm entering this into Jules Crafty Snippets Challenge Week 33. So not only does Jules have brilliant ideas, and wonderful cards - she also encourages us to use up our snippets. Previously I would have just searched through whole sheets of card and paper - now I always check out my snippets first and it's amazing what you find!

Thanks so much for calling by - I hope the sun is shining where you are, if so please send some here!

Di
x

14 comments:

  1. Lovely HM image . .. sure to bring pleasure to your DIL when she sees it.

    Great snippet card! Jules will be pleased with you.

    Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love sunflowers :-)
    Check out my blog cos there is something waiting for you there.
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  3. We could use a little rain here, it just doesn't make it over the Cascades. Wish I could send you some sunshine in exchange for some of your rain.

    Your card is lovely. Love your beautifully colored HM image and the papers you used are wonderful. I'm sure Kai will love it.
    Hugs
    Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Di, l had to look a few times to see the House mouse it looks so content laying on that sunflower, nicely coloured and gorgeous background papers and sentiment is lovely too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card and really great colouring, like the 4 square idea.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Di

    Your post made me chuckle .. .. you can tell I am good at spending other people's money can't you!!

    Thank you for the award by the way. I will accept it with pleasure .. .. it was ver kind of you to think of me.

    Your snippet make is gorgeous. I love the background you have given to your cute little image .. .. tht mouse looks well happy and content!!

    Thank you for inspiring us with your lovely snippet creation.

    I am so pleased you are enjoying your Nail Heads. I love mine!! I used to use a bit of tissue when I first started using mine but after time you will find you don't need anything .. .. once you get used to the feel of the wand.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tee, hee Jules - does that mean I can sneak a partly chopped up handkerchief back into the pile in Len's 'undies' drawer? :)) Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this card and I am sure your DIL will too - hope you catch the post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty card - I'm sure DIL will love it! The thing that made me laugh though, was the sidebar button from The Crafty Elf. There are so many ways that could apply to Mrs Dunnit....lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the card - such acute image but really do they have fields that you can pick sunflowers from? How wonderful. I'd be forever visiting (and being honest). Nope, think I grind my teeth when concentrating.
    Thanks for sharing - Hugs, Neet #2

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Di, great card - the HM image is terrific and great use of snippets - great trick with promarkers to get a matching matt ... especially when you want to use up bits and bobs from the snippet mountain! I remember the fields of sunflowers growing in Germany - together with fields of corn cobs and I've seen a few honesty boxes around the UK too - there's a few honest folk left it seems, oh, ye of little faith :) Glad you and hubby enjoyed the meat loaf and I've got another recipe coming up sometime soon which might just tempt you - one that your reminded me of, actually. Have a great week. Elizabeth x #60

    ReplyDelete
  12. great snippet make, lovely image x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Simply gorgeous! I love the image and a fab snippet card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card Di and wonderful use of your snippets. Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.