Monday 15 August 2011

Shoes and handbags

After a swift trip to our local chemist my feet just happened to carry me into the shop next door (now how did THAT happen?). It's mostly a soft furnishings store but they do have some great deals on lace and ribbon bundles if you don't mind turning dizzy from scrabbling round in big plastic boxes lined up on the floor. They also have a small selection of card making goodies and, as the grey mist cleared and I could focus again, I spotted one lonely little pack of shoes and handbags embellishments that just struck a chord. They have a patent leather feel about them - with sparkle too - and I knew exactly what I had in mind, for once:


The light here is horrendous (today's big word) today and I had to resort to using the flash. So, the handbags and shoes embossed round the edge of the card kinda disappear unless you press your nose against the screen (cooooe, I can see you). The cards were bought ages ago from The Range ready embossed, I've no idea though why they couldn't have centred the embossing down each side. I'm a bit OCD about things being precisely done you might have guessed :(

The black and the pink sparkly card came from my snippets, my silly very true sentiment was printed on white card and cut to size (some snippets used, others created!) and then the shoes and handbag were added. And, of course, I added some Josy Rose nail heads. I really am loving these right now!

On a roll, I used the other part of the set of embellies to make this, same but different colours: 
Done and dusted - and this week I'm making sure I link this to Jules Craft Snippets Challenge - Week 32 in really good time. I beat the end of playtime bell by a whisker last week and, having had to write out an enormous chunk of of Morte D'Arthur in detention at school, there's no way I want to risk having to that ever again:)) And yup, you guessed, it was for chattering in class :(

Quick hedgehog update: The past two evenings I've chanced upon Spike (or friend) 'mid-dinner'. He's coming to visit earlier and earlier (or are the nights already drawing in?!). On both occasions he froze and peered anxiously at me over the feeding bowl for a while, even though I stood absolutely still.......then he upped and ran off behind the shed as fast as his little legs could carry him!

Di
x

17 comments:

  1. Hi Di

    What a great find. I wish I had a few shops like that round here, no such luck. The cards are fabulous lovely and girlie.
    Love hearing about the hedgehogs, I haven't seen one round here at all, your lucky!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY - Spike lives on.

    Fab girlie cards there Di. I had my nose up against the screen!

    Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. What you have created here is fabulous, great find nice to know you can rummage through and come away with some fabulous stuff and alread have it in mind what your going to do with it that's what l would call forward planning great though! l can see some of the embossing although your right my eyes where pressed to the screen...........lol great card:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Di

    Fabby makes this week.

    I love a good old rummage through boxes to see what I can find.

    I can see your embossing really well .. it looks great. I just blew your picture up LOL!!!

    The pink and black one swings it for me but both are gorgeous.

    Thank you for keeping me company again this week.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2 brilliant cards, love them both.
    I will have to go down to our chemist and hope my feet with take me to the shop next door, it is some sort of weight loss place.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great find! Fantastic cards! I love your updates on Spike.
    Hugs
    Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tow fabulous and girlie cards.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab post - glad to see that I'm following in your footsteps hedgehog wise. They're fast little critters, aren't they?? love your shoes n' bags cards - fun, fun, fun!! xx Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. we have on who's made a little 'home' under a large seed propagator in our green house, he's very fast too! or...rolls up and plays dead!
    (Lyn)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantabulous cards Di! Shoes and handbags - YES! Nuff said there about that!

    Now on to the hedgies....glad to know they are back but funny how they seem so skitish? Nervous about introducing you to the new friend maybe?? They'll come around I'm sure. Happy WOYWW ;D

    ReplyDelete
  11. great card, love the shoes and handbags and the sentiment is very apt. I am also a big fan of the josy rose nailheads although I keep burning my fingertips cos I feel the need to touch them when they are newly stuck on.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You'll be inventing reasons to go to the chemist soon, and that's how rumours start!!!! Great find, the cards look great. If you can see me through my screen, please will shout Hello next time I sit down?!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are both great Di! I love a good rummage fo rcrafty bargains!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Must have been those shoes calling you into the shop. Love the cards especially the pink one.
    Happy WOYWW

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card Di! Have a great week. Thanks for sharing. Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  16. what great cards, i blew the first one up and could see the embossing, looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.