Tuesday 30 August 2011

Up, up, and away!

I finally bit the bullet and had a go at making a cloud background using these little babies:
A cloud template, cut from plain old white card, an Inkylicious Duster Brush and Tim Holtz Distress Ink pad in Tumbled Glass.

I had a whale of a time, 'pounce' on the stamp with the brush and dab, dab, dab. It certainly isn't my own idea and if you want to see a really good video tutorial hop over to Bev Rochester's blog here. She shows how to mask an image and then stamp clouds, my next step!

It was really just a play as I know that Sarn has been squeaking in delight since she got her little paws on some brushes and I had to see, finally, what it was all about. I'm ashamed to say I'd had the brushes for ages :(

So, I pounced and dabbed like crazy yesterday afternoon - not that it flattened the 'humpy' mat on my desk. Ha, if I hadn't got sensible I'd have pounced and dabbed right the way down the side of my desk, across the floor and down the stairs - it's addictive!!  Having created the clouds background I just knew what to use next - for once. About a week ago I was lucky enough to come across a second hand 'pre-loved' set of Stamping Up butterfly and sentiments stamps, plus the accompanying butterfly shaped stamp - being sold by a fellow blogger! Whoop, whoop - I've secretly hankered after these for eons (not really today's big word but still a grown up one). They arrived in double quick time too.

So, the card which started out as a DL card was trimmed to A6 size and this was the result, I do need more practice but it was fun anyhow:
I love the sentiment - so you don't get dizzy it says 'One person can make such a difference and that person is you' - it could apply to all of you lovely bloggers who hop in here! Then I stamped two butterflies onto some iridescent (now THAT is today's big word!) pinkish paper that I found in my snippets folder, punched them out and layered one on the card flat and the second one on top with its wings all aflutter.

So quick and easy - compared to the marathon it took to make the card I posted on here yesterday :)

As I used snippets I'm entering this into Jules Crafty Snippets Challenge Week 34.

That's my offering for today. Abi and I are taking Marcel shopping for some PJs this afternoon. Yup, Marcel is coming too so we're sure we get the correct fit :)) Hank and Marvin are staying at home with the money to bail us out in case you hear on the news that two females have been evicted from stores, along with a nude monkey, in North Hampshire - Marcel might just whip off his shoes, jeans and little top without going into a changing room first! Oh, and the older of the females will have been wearing a hoodie and large sunglasses for fear of bumping into any of her friends. Oh dear, I think this afternoon is gonna be fun and games!

Di
x

21 comments:

  1. Like the effect and the finished card is so pretty Di.
    All it needs now is a rainbow [watch out for my post tomorrow] :-)
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  2. No why didn't I think of a rainbow - too engrossed in pouncing and dabbing I think! I have another one up my sleeve too. Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really good effect might have a go at that later, thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  4. FAB clouds Di . . . and made into a lovely card.

    Cute butterfly!

    Aren't those duster brushes just THE BEST?

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful card by a very talented young girl

    ReplyDelete
  6. Old biddy more like! Am I being stalked here?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Di, your clouds are amazing! love the card and its finished beautifully i have distressed inks and having put them into practice as yet! you have given me a great idea and the shaving brush is fantastic to use with it, your full of great inspirations:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant cloud effect - one of my faves - and I LOVE that sentiment! Great use of it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Before you girls start raiding your chaps' toiletries - this is an old style Inkylicious brush BTW, they now come double ended. Mind you, a shaving brush could well do the trick - but please don't blame me :) Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant snippets card, very cleverly done.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your clouds are brilliant. Well done! Cute card too. Have fun with the shopping. Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like I'm off to find a shaving brush...why do so many men use electric razors....where does a girl find her crafting tools now...!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow this is fantastic Di. I've seen card backgrounds like this but didn't know how they did it. Thankyou for showing us I'm going to try this. Going back for another peek....lol
    Diane :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Di this is a marvelous card!! I love your clouds and your lovely butterfly. I am itching to use my lovely brushes but at the mo I am deep into other projects which hopefully will be done tonight and in the mail tomorrow.
    I can’t imagine what people will think of two grown women carrying a monkey into a shop but I’d love to see their faces. It sounds like you should have fun shopping.
    Hugs
    Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mmmmm, you are the 3rd person this week to rave on about these brushes, I have not got any but Harrogate is only a week and a half away tomorrow and Inkylicious will be there sooooooooo!

    Your card does look fab and I think for your first attempt it is brilliant. Great when you can enjoy yourself playing.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Di

    How fantastic!!!

    Your clouds look brilliant and I love the swirly sentiment under your butterfly!!

    A great snippet make!

    Thank you for keeping me company again this week.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. LMAO Di....I love how you write! I got the total picture and was in hysterics. Thanks for the laugh my dear - so worth the visit! That brush you show there threw me back so many years. My Grandfather was a barber and used a brush so similar to that to smoosh the shaving foam on his face before using a straight blade to shave. Deja Vu!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Di, I'm late in commenting on this post but I just had to say I love your cloud template - that is definitely idea I'll be pinching!! Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  19. great snippet card and your clouds look fab x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great snippet make Di and I love your clouds. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Superb, me dear, will put this little number in me "to do" list :D Shaz in oz.x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.