Saturday 13 August 2011

A snippets card - quick and easy

I almost missed this week's Jules' Crafty Snippets Challenge - so much else going on, including getting 600+ envelopes ready to send out the 4-monthly 'old school' magazine. Not finished yet but the end is in sight, once the magazines are ready to be collected from the printers next week they just (just?!) need to be packed, sealed and posted.

So, this was a very swift rummage through my snippets and a really quick card to make:


It's a medium sized square card, topped with a leftover piece of rainbow paper that dates back to the year 'dot' and some more recent criss-cross paper. A strip of pre-punched border, flowers and sentiment from my stash - and the sentiment was backed with a little strip of a snippet - I saved the other half for another time. Waste not, want not!


The Josy Rose nail heads are my latest addition to Pixies Workshop - and the inspiration came mainly from Jules. She uses them so well on her cards and they are more understated and elegant  for certain cards (go and see!!!)  and, after I'd picked her brains, I plumped for a selection of err, quite a few, colours along with the hot wand to fix them with. Thanks Jules, both for the inspiration and the advice. So, with a new toy to play with I just had to use it :) I did learn that you don't need to hold the wand onto the nail head for very long else the surface of the nail head will suffer - but by the last nail head I'd cracked it - don't press too hard and count to 10 basically! I'm hooked!

So, by the skin of my teeth, screeching in last minute (story of my life really) I'm entering this into:

Jules Crafty Snippet Challenge - Week 31

Hope you're having a great weekend!

Di
x

11 comments:

  1. Hello Di, thanks for your comment but I've already beaten you to it and discovered Jules - entered two cards already this week and added this one in to the mix today - just forgot to mention Jules in my post - now off to edit my post and repair the damage. Love your card BTW, isn't is amazing that you can keep a piece of paper for yonks and along comes a more recent piece that matches perfectly, as they do in your card - you couldn't have planned it! The nail heads look super - will investigate further at a later date when my bank account has recovered the latest damage done to it ... all in the name of Art of course:) Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snort! Any excuse to buy more craft stash! I do recommend the nail heads plus hot fixer and their service was very fast! I defy you to only buy a small selection of the colours Elizabeth - and how dumb of me, of course you'd already entered the snippets challenge. I have my potato head on today I think!! Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Mrs Potato Head . . . I love your snippets card and the nail heads!

    Yours sincerely
    Sarn ! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoot, hoot Sarn! You just make me laugh aloud! So, are you gonna show your results of today's crafty fun? I keep hopping over for a peek!! Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I love this! It's amazing how those papers match so delightfully and everything came together so beautifully. Those nail heads are the perfect finishing touch.
    Hope things in your world will calm down soon.
    Hugs
    Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Di

    So pleased you made it into the snippet playground on time .. .. there was still plenty of time until the bell rang though LOL!!!

    Loving your snippet make. That rainbow paper looks delicious and matches your criss cross paper perfectly!!

    Pleased you like the Nail Heads and the wand. You must count slower than I do .. I count to 14 LOL!!!

    Thank you for sharing your lovely snippet make with everyone and I am sorry I haven't been around much this week. Things are a tad busy in the House of Hearts.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Di, Another of your great creations just love this rainbow paper looks stunning on your card :) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card, brilliantly matched papers. Good luck with the envelopes.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how you just "used snippits" and made a quick card. You make it look so easy - darn it. You're just that good I guess! LOL Sounds like you're going to be busy Di!

    ReplyDelete
  10. great quick and easy card, looks fabby x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Di, what a cute card. I love the tones of the patterned papers.

    Bev.x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.