Wednesday 6 April 2011

What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday? 96

This is my desk today............almost clear, and probably a bit boring!!! The pile of rubbish from last Wednesday has gone and I have a packet of Safmat on my desk to play with - yay!! If anyone has any tips, hints or even wants to say I've 'wasted me pennies' then please feel free to say so.



There are some stamped images plonked right in front of where I sit as a stern reminder that I need to get on with making Easter cards :)

I also now have a little plastic basket (deliberately small so I'm forced to empty it regularly) into which small stuff will be dropped ready to put away - and another basket with any totally unusable paper scraps, in ready for the recycling bin. Am a bit ashamed that I hadn't thought of the recycling bit before and also to realise over the past few days how much stuff was going into the waste basket under my desk that could have been recycled. It's OK, I'm not turning into a tree hugger, just that I'm so good about recycling everywhere else in the house - how come I missed in here?!! The sun is shining (and showing that I need to get the feather duster out) and on my little pink laptop there's a lovely thank you card from Elizabeth! Oh, and my tip for the week is to store scissors on a mug tree. It needs to have a fairly sturdy base and I got this one in a local charity shop.

And, at last, I've finished colouring the Penny Black 'Prank Call' image and made up a card:




I kept it fairly simple as I think the image says it all. The little sentiment and meeces paw prints were from a couple of Elzybells stamps - oops, and a few flowers and pearls also managed to sneak in there! The card was already deckle edged so I used a deckle blade in my Woodware trimmer to trim down the backing paper. I'm sure everyone has their own favourite trimmer but, so far for me, this one is the tops and I've bought some as presents. One friend reminds me of how wonderful she thinks it is every time we meet or speak on the phone.............no problems there for little gifts for her, more decorative blades :))

I know some of you have already signed up to this new card making challenge for St Luke's Hospice in Sheffield. It's being run on a monthly basis, so not too much pressure unless you want to add other entries. Then, if you wish, you can donate your card (by Freepost) to be sold in aid of the Hospice. I think it's a great idea and hope they do well - I'll be joining in for sure.

Make sure you hop over here to Julia's to see what everyone else is up to! I'll be hopping around once I've done the weekly supermarket run!

Lastly, thank you so much to all of you who call by and leave kind comments - I do appreciate it very much.

Di
x

26 comments:

  1. What a cute 'Penny Black' card. Love the colours you used. Have a happy & creative wednesday!
    xFranka

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello from the Philippines Di! The sun is almost always shining here, but I never think of getting a feather duster! What a neat desk you have!
    Patsy from
    HeARTworks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not come across Safmat before so am off to have a google. Your desk is just so tidy and love the mug tree idea. Easy to find everything.
    x Tricia (84)

    ReplyDelete
  4. haven't got a clue what Safmat is either! Love the card, must send you an email with my contact deets as I'd love a couple of images too. I have a few PB's so I want to send you a piccy to see if I have anything you'd like me to stamp for you. Love the tidy desk this week.

    Hugs
    Brenda 98

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, what a cute card! That image is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Di, I have absolutely no idea what Safmat is although I've seen it mentioned a few times recently - will be very interested to see what you do with it. Your desk is very tidy and the card is cute - love those meeces to pieces:) Thanks for the link - I forgot to do the same for you but you will see that your card now has pride of place on my whatnot when you visit my blog. You will have got the supermarket shop out of the way by now so I hope your having a great day. Elizabeth x #108 (late to the table today!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Afternoon Di, the sun is shining here too, its a glorious day! The card looks really beautiful and my what a tidy, creative desk?
    Have a lovely Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is such a neat and tidy desk and what a great card.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the mug tree scissor store idea! Great card too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I too bought a Safmat about 2 weeks ago, it is still under my desk unlocked. I thought it was very pricey I'm not really sure why I bought it. Love your storage for the pens and a mug tree for the scissors is a great idea. I just love the card you've done! I also see in the far corner the cake stand Thimbu I was going to get one of those to hold my stamps in but realised I'd need about 8 to hold them all -what do you use it for!
    Happy WOYWW
    Hugs
    Rebecca xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry that was meant to read "still under my desk untouched" !! (not UNLOCKED!!!) D'ohhhh xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very neat desk today. I love penny black stamps! Very nice card you made there! Thanks for sharing! Vickie #88

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE that mice card! Brilliant!

    VERY tidy desk . . . I'm impressed!

    Hugs, Sandra (No. 66)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Safmat is supposed to be good, let me know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely neat desk you have:)
    As for my roses, I decided they stuck up too far and used something else instead! Thanks for popping by:)

    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card love the stamp.dont talk about Easter cards i think ive done 2 at least another 6 to go ...lol
    Hope you have a creative week!
    hugs judex9

    ReplyDelete
  17. A very neat desk and very well organized.
    Loving your Penny Black Card it's lovely.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty Kaz.

    ReplyDelete
  18. A lovely tidy desk there, Di. I am interested to know how you get on with the Safmat. My project for tomorrow is to try making rub-ons using reverse printing on acetate.

    Thanks for your visit earlier, and the EZ project is on hold while my blisters heal. It is going to be a lengthy job.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Di. This is my first visit to your blog and I am impressed with your cards - and tidy desk! *Ɯ* Great tip for the scissors but what is a Safmat? TFS. ~Glen~

    ReplyDelete
  20. Glad toi be of service! It's been a long time since -kve had a 2ureka moment! Xx
    Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW that is an incredibly neat desk!!! And that's a great idea with the mug tree :)

    Bob told me about expecting a parcel!!! THANKS so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow is your desk ever so neat and tidy! Mine is so small that even after it's cleaned it still looks cluttered. LOVE your card. Great colors! Those mice are so darn cute. Beautifully colored!
    Blessings Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you all so much for calling by and such sweet comments, love you all - and Bernie, yoiu should just see my wardrobes :)) Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Di! Lovely tidy desk! Great scissor storage! Might have to pinch that idea. Great "Prank Call" stamp & lovely card you have made with it! I am rubbish colouring in! forgot how to do it from my childhood. I must practice more. Yes I am Lucky still having my Mum & a future mum in law too! Hugs!
    Lavinia
    x

    ReplyDelete
  25. I wish my desk looked that tidy ...EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thats not boring its a lovely tidy craft desk all ready for action - love it x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.