Saturday 30 April 2011

What a wedding!

I loved it all, the dress, the romance, the pomp and circumstance - and the human touches too. Plus, I did have a sniffle or two :)

This card is inspired by Friday's big event:



I made it primarily for the latest Daring Cardmakers Challenge which is 'By Royal Appointment - a Royal or patriotic theme'. The matt silver background was embossed using my little pink Cuttlebug - had to run it through four times to cover enough card but now I know it can be done! The image is LOTV 'I do' and I masked the 'tails' of the tail coat that the groom wears as I stamped it so I could make a little military uniform jacket. The colouring is Pro Markers with some bits picked out in 'Frosted Lace' Stickles on the bride's veil and a gold gel pen used to colour over the PM yellow I used for the groom's collar and sleeve ends. In truth, as an ex-Army brat, I know the short jacket is 'mess wear' but the spirit is there, including the blue Order of the Garter sash:)

The image is layered onto red and blue card (all Nesties Labels 8). The fun part was making the bunting. I also wanted to enter this into the current 'I Love Pro Markers' challenge which stipulated no designer papers. I did abide by that and downloaded an image of bunting from the internet and squished it as small as I could. Then each flag was cut out with a little tab at the top to fold over some bakers twine and it was secured in the centre with a crown charm from my stash. Not easy on the old eyes cutting out those flags!

This card also hopefully qualifies for the current Lili of the Valley Challenge 'Love is in the Air'....just so long as no-one minds me masking out part of the image:)

And last but not least I'd like to enter it into the latest Ribbon Girls challenge, which is 'red, white and blue'. Although I didn't use any of their gorgeous ribbon or lace (gotta love all their goodies and I do have quite a bit) - I did use bakers twine from them for the bunting!

Whew, four challenges! To think that a week ago I hadn't even done one......this could become addictive :))

Di
x

12 comments:

  1. Wow, those flags must have been a lot of work, but they were worth it!
    Fab card!
    Thanks for playing along with this week's DCM dare. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Natty, I have a headache right now. Think I need new specs :) Di x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is such an adorable card! I love this image! And the glitters are a perfect touch. Your coloring is great - love how you colored the boy's uniform. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Di, love how you did the military uniform. The card captures yesterday's wedding perfectly. Dee x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you've coloured the couple like William and Kate - a terrific card. There were a few tears shed here too. Thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers.

    Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant!! LOVE how you transformed the image into William and Kate. Lovely coloring. Love your tiny flags and the crown is the perfect finishing touch.
    Hugs
    Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card love the sweet little image.
    Diane :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Di!

    Thanks for leaving a message on my blog.
    We've been here now for over ten years and still feeling at right at home. I live near ULM and not too far from Konstanz. Actually hoping to get down to Lindau or Bregenz this week.
    Most of my craft supplies I have to order in as even the larger hobby stores here in the area do not have what I want. Amazon and Ebay are also useful, but I also pick up more stash stuff when I visit home and the UK.
    Really like your card. So cute and right on the button.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Di, love the flags. Thanks for taking part in this weeks LOTV Challenge
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent card! I love the image and all those flags are just stunning.
    Thanks for sharing with DCM this week.

    Zuzana x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card, love those flags, thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers this week
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  12. The bunting looks especially fab on this card! Thanks for joining in celebrating the Royal Wedding with The Daring Cardmakers

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.