Tuesday 5 April 2011

Quick Easter cards

Whew, Easter is looming large and I'm not sure how much time I'll have to make the cards I have in mind. As a back up I rustled up four of these this morning:


It's a good standby for using up leftover scraps and really quick. The cards are white linen, topped with matt silver card. Then a selection of little scalloped squares punched using a small X-cut punch. The bunnies and flowers stickers came from Accessorize - I must have known that panic might set in!

The idea has been used a lot on both Helen and Lisa's blogs (thanks girls!) - worth hopping over there (get it?!) to see what they're both up to at the moment.

By the way, there's a new challenge blog that has been set up by 'Shirley Pumpkin' and her friend Terry called A La Card Monkey - it looks like fun!
Di
x

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Di. Love the design.
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes that reminds me - I usually make a few Easter cards for all my Yorkshire friends. I love that little idea of yours. It looks simple but would take me ages and would prob look a bit higgledy piggledy. How do you get your squares all lined up so nicely?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tee, hee Twiglet, kinda by eye! Thanks so much for your comment honey! Di x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Second idea would be to use a soft pencil line which you could then erase or a ruler to line them up. I just hope folk have odd eyes like me ! :) Di

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card. These stickers are great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Di, what a fab design and great idea to help use up those scraps that we all seem to end up with!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I reelly like that card, becos I like bunnys.

    :@}

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.