Sunday 24 April 2011

A thank you

Surprise here this morning! A young neighbour knocked at the door with an Easter egg for us - how kind is that. We always sponsor her for the many things she does to raise money for charity and buy whatever raffle tickets she is currently selling. She's a very quiet young lady and extremely shy so it must take a lot to knock on doors trying to get sponsors - I'm full of admiration for her.

I've just whipped this up to pop through her door to say thank you:

It's one of my favourites - GorJuss in fact :) I had already decoupaged the image (not hand coloured by me I hasten to add!). The background paper came with the decoupage set (matches her socks) and the flowers and black card candy, which I added some Black Diamond Stickles to, are from my stash. The little sentiment was proving tricky to stamp and I smudged the first attempt. Safmat to the rescue though - at least I could make mistakes before adding the words to the background :) I love that stuff!

I also made a magnetic bookmark to match to slip in with the card. I'm off to sit in the garden and watch the antics of the birdies now, we have a blue tit bird box on one wall just above where we like to sit and there's the annual activity going on there. A couple of years ago blue tits raised their young during the mayhem of builders and scaffolding within about four feet of the box. Isn't nature wonderful!

Di
x

3 comments:

  1. It's really mice of your neighbour to stop by with an egg. Such a lovely surprise!
    Great card and bookmark too. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was so sweet of your neighbour and as equally sweet that you would thank her with a hand made appreciation!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.