Tuesday 12 April 2011

Mini Picasso at work

My OH's family are likely to come over from Germany this Summer to visit. Little Mia, aged all of three and a half, absolutely loves drawing. This is what her Mum just posted on their 'family only' blog:



Ooops, I think somone has taken to drawing murals - all over the stairs! There are stairgates in place so Mia must have really stretched her arm through to produce this 'work of art' :)

Tee, hee - I've used the label 'distressing' for this posting, have yet to find out if the damage is permanent but I just bet that Mum was very distressed and that someone small had to stand in the naughty corner for quite a while.

The dilemma is - during the possible visit, how do I lock my craft room securely enough! I can't imagine the carnage if Mia gets in here - little scallywag!!


Di
x

8 comments:

  1. I think maybe a little bolt high up on the door may be the answer but do make sure she has the chance to come in and play with you when you're there :-)
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Annie - I did think of a padlock and chain but the little imp probably would come armed with bolt cutters! I know she'd love to come in and play (under a very watchful eye of course)! Di x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A little artist is born. When my four year old grand daughter saw my craft room, her eyes lit up..., then I took her to her craft area. I had it set up with tons of things to do. I showed her what she could play with and what was Grammy's for her "work". We had a great time and I'm sure you will also. Take photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can see there's a small artist been walking around. That's gonna be fun this summer.
    xFranka

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know the feeling. A friend's little one wrote her name in biro on my magnolia painted hall wall once! Such a lovely plain wall - very tempting to put something on it! You definitely need a BIG padlock on your craft room!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Help! Am going to follow Mary's advice, IF I let Little Miss Picasso anywhere near here. Thanks Mary for that :) And of course I'll take photos - she's a real little poser and heartbreakingly beautiful. OK, I'm allowed to be a little bit biased. Di x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.