Sunday 3 April 2011

Lila Bug card - not all angels have wings.............

This is another one of the Bug Girls stamps I bought from Kirsty Wiseman recently. I had a sentiment that I've wanted to use for ages in mind when I ordered Lila Bug and based this card round it:


The card is 7" x 5", so gives more room to play than an A6 card :) I topped it with pink card and then navy blue to pick out colours of the flowers in the paper piecing I used for Lila's dress and rounded the corners. The 'cloud card' was lurking in my stash (made by KanBan). I got brave and printed the sentiment onto the card before die cutting with a Labels Nestie. First try for me since I've now got a printer right alongside me so I can fiddle round and play more. It took a bit of trial and error with ordinary paper for positioning and such before I took the plunge with the cloud card but it worked out fine so I might well be printing more sentiments directly onto cards in future.

Lila was coloured using Aquamarkers before I added her dress. She was then popped onto to the cloud background and her wings were glittered with Stickles - they really sparkle too! The flowers were then punched out of the same paper as Lila's dress, added to the card and topped with some yummy pink pearls. Earlier this week I had a troll round town and somehow found myself in small craft shop (as one does!) that I hadn't been in for ages and came home clutching quite a few unusual bits and bobs including these lovely pastel pearls (made by Habico).  Just might have to force myself to go back this coming week for some more :)) It's a hard life!

Di
x

5 comments:

  1. This is lovely. I love the wings and Lila's dress. Nicely done! :) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely card, i really like the stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet! Love the sparkly wings and the piecing is lovely. Your coloring is superb, love those eyes!
    Thank you for adding me into your lovely candy, fingers crossed. I really should get over my fears of blowing up the computer and get my own blog. I have managed to learn how to print my sentiments on my cards, even have a few templates for placement, little steps… :)
    HUGS
    Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute little Lila - I can see you coming up with lots of lovely creations with these! The clouds look lovely and really set the card off well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO pretty...i have this one too and yes mine was paper piecing too LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.