Here's the 18th prize in the 'Snippets Playground Christmas Draw':
- 5.5" x 4.25" white card blank, side opening
- snippet of pearlescent gold card, trimmed to 5" x 3.75"
- snippet of white card, die cut using a die from the Lil' Inkers set of 'stitched rectangles'
- used the Misti to line up the tree and the sentiment at the same time onto the die cut stitched rectangle- both from Uniko's 'Rustic Tree' set of stamps
- stamped the tree and sentiment at the same time using Brilliance Tear Drop ink pads in 'Pearlescent Thyme' and 'Pearlescent Poppy'
- glued the image layer onto the gold narrow 'frame'
- then backed the gold piece using some Create and Craft 2mm thick double sided foam sheet - about quarter of an inch smaller all round.
- added the whole front panel onto the card front
- added a single shiny gold star shaped Josy Rose Hot Fix nail head to the top of the tree
The set does come with some really sweet little ornaments, a bow and a couple of cute birds - but I opted to let the tree and single gold star do all the work (the tree is the main reason why I fell in love with the stamp set). Partly due to so much else going on - although I did make four cards all the same whilst I was at it, stealing a march on Christmas 2022!
The adhesive foam sheet is great stuff but does need care when applying it as there's no 'wiggle room' as there is with glue. To be kinder to my nerves I might actually apply plain card to one side of the sheet and then use glue when I need to to be totally precise with the positioning. I got away with it but purely through a lot of care and angst. To be honest, it's just as easy to buy plain foam sheet and use glue, which I always do - until I spotted this self adhesive stuff and wanted to have a try.
Here's another card I made, using my own set Uniko set of stamps called 'Rustic Wreath, for the Grand Draw last year - HERE. Also, the image of the Rustic Wreath stamp set is clearer over there!
And here's the prize:
It's both the Uniko 'Rustic Christmas Tree' and 'Rustic Wreath' stamp sets, from me. I felt that they make a nice pair and are fabulous for 'batch making'! I do know that three of you won the 'Rustic Wreath' stamp set last year - but don't let that make you feel you can't play for this prize. If you do win it, then I'm sure that you will have a friend who you can give the wreath set to, at your end!
All the rules can be found on the post for Sunday 12th December 2021,
along with Mr Linky for your single entry. I do suggest that you read
the rules thoroughly - particularly about the theme for this Grand Draw
Just leave a comment on this post you're currently looking at, if you would like the chance to win today's prize.