Merry Christmas everyone! If you manage to pop into the Playground today, I hope someone else is watching over the hot stove for you!
Here's the 14th prize in the 'Snippets Playground Celebration' prize draw:
- 5.5" x 5.5" off white card blank with one side scored in half and folded to make the basis of an easel card
- trimmed a 5.5" x 5.5" off white piece of card for the upright card front, set to one side for now
- selected the most probable piece of scenic background card I wanted to use - from the well loved Kanban Christmas Wobblers backgrounds pack
- die cut all the little pieces for the family of three meerkats from loads of snippets of card (picking out the red and blue of the presents on the scenic design). The die cutting took a while needless to say (perfect for my Altenew mini die cutting machine) and I found that the best approach was to just take one die off the backing card at a time as there is definite logic to how the pieces are laid out on the die set images piece of card
- then glued the pieces together and reinforced some of the joins on the back using teeny pieces of sellotape
- at that point I had three little meerkats assembled, still with no eyes or snouts so they really lacked character - looked a bit spooky to be honest
- checked the background card scene I wanted to use and the little family fitted in just fine - success
- trimmed the background scene down to 5.25 x 5.25 round then glued it onto the previously cut upright panel for the easel card
- used the top portion of a second piece of the same background card to cover the flat portion of the easel card - 5.25" x 5.25" again
- marked some pale shadowing onto the positions where the meerkats would stand then added the meerkats to the upright scene on the easel card 'front' - using a glue pen for the adults and thin sticky pad pieces for the little one
- die cut the teeny eyes and snouts and popped them onto the little faces - and the card immediately came to life, what a difference!
- added a pre-made sentiment die cut complete with red ribbon tie (many years old, left from a pack of three) to the top left corner - at an angle as no way did I want to spoil the scene by having the sentiment just slightly 'on the wonk'
- stuck the card front onto the folded base using red line tape
- added a strip of card from the very top of one of the pieces of scenic card to the base, using thick and pretty big sticky pads then stuck it in place to act as a 'stop' when the card is propped open
- topped that with another present image - left from the second piece of scenic card I used - fussy cut and stuck down using small piece of thin sticky pads
- and that was it, finished - I'll write my message on the pale blue piece of base card at the front BTW then it will look more balanced
This Christmas card was made for Len, from me, as we both love Meerkats and when Dudley is up on his hind legs having a bit of a nose around, he does remind us of these adorable creatures. I'm sure it was a Playmate I spotted using this sweet set of dies and needless to say they were sourced and bought in double quick time! Huge fun to play with and although there's a lot of dies in the set, in fact it was fairly easy to find which piece is which for the different meerkat - once I worked out the 'hints' on the backing which holds all the different dies. Perfect for anyone who loves die cutting and it uses lots of little snippets too.
The prize, but of course, is a Marianne Design set of dies called 'Eline's Meercats' (sic), just like the one I used for my card.
All the rules can be found on the post for Sunday 12th December 2021,
along with Mr Linky for your single entry. I do suggest that you read
the rules thoroughly - particularly about the theme for this Grand Draw
Just leave a comment on this post you're currently looking at, if you would like the chance to win today's prize.
I'm entering this card into Jo's Christmas Kickstart Challenge #57, where the current them is 'If it's Christmassy'. And why don't you come and play too - get a head start on next Christmas ☺ Ho, ho, ho I hear!!
Hope you are having a wonderful day, wherever you are - and that Santa was kind to you! Cheers - mine's a long cool glass of dry Martini and lemonade please.
Love from Dudley and of course me,
Just adorable, Di! Merry, Merry Christmas! Quiet & rainy here. Please leave me out of the drawing.ReplyDelete
Cute Chrismasy meerkat...! Yes for the chance to win this adorable dies-set.ReplyDelete
Such a fun set Di, please include me in this oneReplyDelete
Cute critters scene! Love the adorable die set! Thanks for the chance to win!ReplyDelete
The card is so cute. And the prize is amazing one of the best. Love to be in the draw!!ReplyDelete
Oh my gosh, those meerkats are beyond cute, not to mention that I've never seen a meerkat die before. When our Toby was younger, he also did that hind-legged dance that Dudley does so well, and they do remind me of a meerkat as well. We had a cat named Bubby, years ago, who also did a perfect meerkat impression and would actually stand for up to 2 minutes like that.ReplyDelete
With all that blathering about meerkats and things that remind me of meerkats, that will be a YES PLEASE for this adorable set.
Merry Christmas to you, Len, and Dudley, and to everyone else out there reading this. We are having a quiet, relaxed Christmas at home with just the two of us, which suits me just fine.
Have a wonderful day and it has to be a YES please for my name to go into the 'hat' for these cute meerkats. ThanksReplyDelete
this is so cute! Merry ChristmasReplyDelete
I will pass on this one for someone who really wants it.
This is so adorable, wow lots of little pieces no wonder you need a picker-upper. Cute story about the "after" You sure see imperfections in photos (like cat hair) yes I would like to be thrown into the fray for this one.ReplyDelete
Wow, this is so cute and your card is amazing.ReplyDelete
Yes for the prize, please.
Hi Di, Merry Christmas! How sweet adorable card! Those Meerkats look very cute, I'm sure that Len has loved his card! Yes please for entering in the draw.ReplyDelete
My best wishes to you and family (with Dudley too!)Have a lovely, sweet and heartfelt Christmas!
Your card for Len is precious! The dies are so cute! I'm a yes, please! I hope you are having a very Merry Christmas! Thank you for another fabulous giveaway!ReplyDelete
A lovely cute card Di, but please don't include me in the draw for the prize.ReplyDelete
We cancelled our campervan trip as we'd rather be at home at the moment, so have had a quiet day at home. I hope you're enjoying the festivities.
That card (and the die set) is too adorable, Di! I love meerkats and would dearly love to have that set of die4s so I'm saying, "Yes, please." :-D Merry ChristmasReplyDelete
Too cute! Love your card but I'll pass on this one!ReplyDelete
Merry Christmas Di. Gosh, your card is adorable. Yes please to be in the draw for this prize. Hope you have a lovely Christmas celebration. Very cold here with a sprinkle of white stuff. Hugz from Norway.ReplyDelete
Your card is such a treat, I don't think I've ever seen a meerkat stamp or die set, so a yes, please, from me for this prize. Hugs to you all!ReplyDelete
Squeal!! We love meerkats at our house and I love that you made a fun card for Len that reminds you both a little of Dudley. Yes please to being in the draw for this one. Thanks for all the tips on putting these cuties together, especially with the small parts. Your easel card would look perfect on a mantel or table top, and I'd want to keep this up all year!ReplyDelete
OMGosh, what a cute set of dies! I’d love to win these, so I’ll be a Yes Please for the prize. I hope you, Len and Dudley had a lovely Christmas. xxReplyDelete
So cute and fun card. I love it.ReplyDelete
Yes for the prize, please.
Hier ben ik helemaal weg van.ReplyDelete
Als deze wint kun je prachtige kerstkaarten maken.
Dus ja voor de loting.
What a cute card Di, I’m sure Len loved it, utterly adorable. Yes please, if I am luckily I know just the person who would love to play with this.ReplyDelete
I have a dear friend who shares our love of crafting, and her grand twins are becoming avid crafters too, so we are sharing the love, and they are visiting the Craft Room. I’m not sure I could part with all the prize obvs ;)
Hope you had a lovely day, and enjoy the rest of the holiday season xxx
Such a cute set of dies, I have never one ones of meerkats before! I would love to be in the draw for these please Di, thank you.ReplyDelete
Hope you are having a lovely Christmas.
Oohhow cute such an adorable and fun card with wonderful images created and used only playing my comment good luck all xxReplyDelete
Such a cool card Di, I love those meercats so YES PLEASE count me in for the prize draw : )ReplyDelete
Adorable little animals and great card.ReplyDelete
I bet your Christmas was happy with your DH and Dudley. Best wishes for the new year too. Yes, please for prize N. Your card is adorable and I'd love to make one like it!ReplyDelete
Yes, please to the prize. Terrific die set to use up all those little snippets. I love your easel card for your headstart on next year's cards.ReplyDelete
Oh my what a cute card! I hope your Christmas was wonderful and it's a yes for me to this adorable prize!ReplyDelete
Adorable card! Love the cute meercats but I'll pass on the prize.ReplyDelete
This card is adorable. I hope Len liked it. While I think merkats are cute I will pass on this prize.ReplyDelete
What a cute card Di, and a fabulous set - please count me inReplyDelete
The meerkats are soooo very cute. A huge Yes to this prize!ReplyDelete
I thought I commented on this post, but I don't see it. I must have got pulled away...that can happen with a toddler in the house!!! Awwww.... <3ReplyDelete
Your card is so cute. I've never seen meerkat dies so this a definitely a Yes Please!!
Thank you for all the chances for Christmas goodies!!
jwoolbright at gmail dot com
What a sweet card you've made with these dies! I'm sure Len loved it and I can see exactly what you mean about these little creatures reminding you of Dudley! Hope you had a lovely day. I was definitely hovering about a hot stove but had some excellent sous chefs to keep me company :) I'm not entering the draw for this prize thank you. Hugs, Vicky xxReplyDelete
So cute! This is adorable, Di. Thanks for playing again at Christmas Kickstart, Jo xReplyDelete
Oh... your easel card is adorable. And I love meer cats, so yes please to having my name in this drawing!ReplyDelete