I remember rootling through a 'Hobby Lobby' bargain bin with the lovely Kay in Santa Fe, over 18 months ago now, and her coming up trumps with a House Mouse stamp, tucked right away at the bottom of the bin. Kay squealed that it was shouting for me to buy it so I let it jump straight into the shopping trolley (cart) without any hesitation :) And this week I used it for the very first time, slap my wrists for waiting so long:
- 6" x 6" square white card blank
- House Mouse stamp 'You Cane Light The Way', coloured with Polychromos pencils then die cut with a Nesties circle die, plus a tickle of Glossy Accents on the light bulbs
- popped the image onto a doily die cut from SU's 'Always Artichoke' card stock using Cheery Lynn's 'French Pastry' die
- backing papers are LOTV's 'Woodland Wishes' with SU's Always Artichoke' card stock for matting
- the corners were die cut using a Whimsy corner dieand Josy Rose nail heads added
- sentiment is by Craftwork Cards, popped onto an oval of SU's 'Always Artichoke'
I tend to hesitate when I look at my House Mouse stamps 'cos of all the small detail but using Polychromos pencils made this like a walk in the park - or should that be a walk along a tightrope. Those pencils really are a joy to use - so much so, I made two the same!
This card is for Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge 'Let it shine' as well as Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra 'Anything goes'.
Another two for the stock of 2014 Christmas cards - now reached 54, yay!