The current challenge over at Merry Monday
is to include 'Christmas Food' on your card, and I almost missed joining in :( I have less Christmas food images here than you can count on the fingers of one hand, so I went hunting online. One image really tickled me, an anxious turkey holding a placard saying 'Eat ham' (for our American friends, many people tend to eat turkey over here at Christmas, much as turkey is traditional for Thanksgiving in the USA).
Then, I found another image online, perhaps less emotive and very cute - this is the card that resulted, and we do know a few 'froggy folk' who would probably like this one, as opposed to an anxious turkey waving a placard:
- 5" x 5" square white card blank
- patterned papers from Dovecraft's modern 'Back to Basics' Christmas pack
- SU's 'Wild Wasabi' green card for the backings and die cut surrounds
- SU's 'Wild Wasabi' ink pad and a sentiment from Banana Frog's 'Winter Wonderland' clear stamp set
- then came the point where Dumbo almost wrecked the flipping card :( Applied Marvy 'Liquid Applique' to froggy's hat trim and left it to dry overnight - so far, so good. Had already had a practise on a spare piece of card which worked fine but this time mistakenly used the heat gun on the high setting - snigger, it puffed up fine but almost looked like the slightly browned top of a lemon meringue pie, overheated! Ran three times round the walls in despair and then just picked the offending applique off and covered the trim area with clear 'Wink of Stella' before adding Glossy Accents to the candy cane
Isn't it odd how a card that seems to be very straightforward can give you serious palpitations? :(
This little froggy is holding tight to that candy cane! I can see a glimmer of his smile. Such fun, Di! Thanks for sharing it with us at Merry Monday!ReplyDelete
He is very, very cute! You would never know you had lemon meringue pie'd him! Have a lovely weekend Karen xxReplyDelete
love the card, Miss great share! Shaz in Oz.xReplyDelete
Love your froggy Christmas card.ReplyDelete
Froggy palpitations can't be good for you! Nor is running round the walls!ReplyDelete
He looks great now . . . so panic over!
Hugs, Sarn xxx
Oooh di what a cute image l just adore your card xReplyDelete
SO cute and GREEN...love it!! :0)ReplyDelete
The image is so cute, it's a gorgeous Christmas card Di.ReplyDelete
Very cute froggie! Great card design too! Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!ReplyDelete
Oh my the candy cane is almost bigger than the Frog himself!ReplyDelete
I had to laugh at your adventure with the liquid applique, you had me at 'lemon meringue pie'! thank you for giving me a giggle!
Have a great weekend!
love Mags B x
candy cane looks positively edible! xxxReplyDelete
Love that adorable froggy! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday!ReplyDelete
He's a cute froggy. I have to say that he does not look like he has any intention of sharing that candy with anyone!!!!ReplyDelete
I have that turkey stamp. I alter it to say "eat pizza" because that is what we have for Thanksgiving because it is low key. For Christmas we go out to eat at the Chinese place (also low key).