- A6 white card blank
- plain green snippet (SU's 'Always Artichoke') background
- white background, embossed using Cuttlebug's 'Script' folder
- the 'wrecked' image which is Penny Black's 'Irises' Slapstick stamp, coloured using a mixture of Whisper pens and Tim Holtz Distress Markers then punched with SU's 1.25" square punch into three (picking the 'best' bits)
- three squares of lemon spotted paper punched from a snippet of Dovecraft's 'Back to Basics' paper pack
- 'Always Artichoke' butterflies, die cut with SU's 'Beautiful Wings' Embosslits and topped with white pearls
- sentiment stamped using SU's 'Old Olive' ink pad and a stamp from a Personal Impressions' set called 'Everyday Words Happy Birthday' by Lindsay Mason, then punched with SU's 'Word Window' and popped onto a snippet of the lemon spotty paper (punched with SU's 'Modern Label' punch)
Couple of tips for today. Firstly, I love SU's 'Word Window' punch but often find that sentiment stamps are just that bit on the large side - even though (sigh) I do have quite a selection to choose from. The 'Everyday Words Happy Birthday' set is brilliant though, I only bought it recently and it comes with such a wide choice of small and neat sentiments - at least 16 of which fit the Word Window punch. This is the link to Sirstampalot where I got mine from. I should have got one for the Playground Toybox but wasn't sure if they'd be as small as I hoped - they are though!
Oh, and finally - never throw a snippet away! :)
Great tips and a beautiful save of those snippets! If I could part with my snippets, I'd have much more space, but I'd be wasting a lot more paper in the long run, so I'm taking your advice and saving it all!!ReplyDelete
Oh my gosh...now i will have even more to save! lolReplyDelete
This is sweet. Love the embossing folder too!
I always appreciate your tips...they are sensible and the sort of thing i like to try. So thanks again!
Oh, that is so pretty :-D Now you're just trying to make me save every single scrapette !!!! LoLReplyDelete
A great card (love the yellow!!) and some great tips too Di xxReplyDelete
Flipping heck - what a GREAT SAVE of an image that went wrong. You and Irene are clever bunnies. Love the embossed background too.ReplyDelete
Right - off for some brekkie.
Great rescue job Di! Loving the embossing too. xReplyDelete
Throw a snippet away! The very thought!ReplyDelete
Lovely card there Miss. I am such a baaaad blogger lately. I never looked over the weekend - slap my wrists!
It was nice to be away from the puter for a while!
Wonderful card Di, I love the Spring colours and little butterflies.ReplyDelete
beautiful card Di, I like the design of your cards xReplyDelete
Great tips from you Di, and great advice from Irene. I'm really enjoying your inchie cards ... love the colours in this one. Hugs, Elizabeth xxReplyDelete
Snap! Over the weekend I made an inchie card too! Love the embossing in the background and what a great way to use up those images too xReplyDelete
I'll have to remember that--this is such a lovely card, Di!ReplyDelete
Such a pretty card Di love your designReplyDelete