I made this slightly psychedelic card for the current challenge over at Mrs A's Butterfly Challenge #7 - which is to use a doily, plus at least one butterfly of course, on your entry this fortnight:
- 6" x 6" square white card blank
- the butterfly is from an acetate sheet of butterfly outlines, which are really meant to be glittered (bought when Mrs A and I watched a demo at a Craft Show). But bright spark here decided to just colour the image - and wrecked the first attempt by using Sakura Gelly Roll pens which went all streaky. Then I discovered some long forgotten 'Peel off Marker pens' and they worked a treat.
- the backing card is from the snippets folder, SU's 'Island Indigo'
- the doily was die cut from white card using a die from a Marianne Creatables set 'LR0129' and backed with a snippet of 'Island Indigo' card stock, trimmed down to fit
- sentiment is an Elzybell's one, sadly discontinued now, stamped using Memento 'Teal Zeal'
- the butterfly was just trimmed round with small scissors and adhered at the last minute with strong narrow clear DST
Am slipping a bit with Christmas card making if the monthly target is to be kept up, but there are a couple of challenges in my sights this week :) Best get a wiggle on then!