I recently made this slightly psychedelic card:
- 6" x 6" square white card blank
- the butterfly is from an acetate sheet of butterfly outlines, which are really meant to be glittered. But bright spark here decided to just colour the image - and wrecked the first attempt by using Sakura Gelly Roll pens which went all streaky. Then I discovered some long forgotten 'Peel off Marker pens' and they worked a treat.
- the backing card is from the snippets folder, SU's 'Island Indigo'
- the doily was die cut from white card using a die from a Marianne Creatables set 'LR0129' and backed with a snippet of 'Island Indigo' card stock, trimmed down to fit
- sentiment is an Elzybell's one, sadly discontinued now, stamped using Memento 'Teal Zeal'
- the butterfly was just trimmed round with small scissors and adhered at the last minute with strong narrow clear DST
Am slipping a bit with Christmas card making if the monthly target is to be kept up, but there are a couple of challenges in my sights this week :) Best get a wiggle on then!
This is simply butterflyisous!!ReplyDelete
Love the colours. I had my sheets out the other day and put them back cos I couldn't remember what we were meant to do with them.!!
Lovely to have you fluttering in again for #7. hugs Mrs A. (butterfly challenge).
OMGosh, I love your doily and that really wonderful butterfly! That's a vellum butterfly, right? It is an eye stopper and just lovely!ReplyDelete
Oooer wunnerful Miss. Jus luv it. Great combo. Shaz in Oz.xReplyDelete
Oh I do love that beautiful butterfly.ReplyDelete
Love this simple card which shows off the bright butterfly so well.ReplyDelete
WOW - I think this is REALLY great. Love the splash of colour and the modern doiley die.ReplyDelete
Hugs, Sarn xxx
Oh, FABULOUS - that is so striking and just amazing on the beautiful die cut backing. Lovely :-DReplyDelete
My Challenge Blog
Oh wow! love this Di!!! gorgeous butterfly and love that doily :) huggles Sue xxReplyDelete
Absolutely stunning! Lynn xReplyDelete
Beautiful butterfly and a stunning card. I must try to get one created for our lovely Mrs A's challenge - not sure where the last two weeks have gone! Karen xReplyDelete
Fabulous! The butterfly is stunning, Di, and I like your doily ... it's different and pretty. Hugs, Elizabeth xxReplyDelete
So pretty Di is your card and such a gorgeous butterfly too! xReplyDelete
Twit Twoo! This is gorgeous Miss. Love the sunny butterfly.ReplyDelete
Hic! Wanna slug my beer?
Back at last and forgive me if I don't catch up on the past.ReplyDelete
Gorgeous card, fab colours and love the home made doily.
Stunning card, Di. I love your choice of die, it complements your big, bold butterfly so well.ReplyDelete
This is lovely Di and I adore this doily die, I think this is definitely one for the list. xReplyDelete
Fabulous card! Love the pop of colour from that wonderful butterfly. Trying to catch up on visiting!ReplyDelete