Shame on me, I'd had a woodgrain background stamp since we went to New Mexico well over 18 months ago and only just remembered it the other day. I'm almost sure Kay was with us the day I bought it - happy memories!
There are loads of lovely cards out there at the moment which use either woodgrain stamped backgrounds or woodgrain embossing folders so I had a little play:
- A6 white card blank
- a snippet of SU's 'Crumb Cake' card stock, stamped using a Stampabilities ''Woodgrain Background' and VersaFine 'Vintage Sepia' ink pad
- popped the background onto a mat of SU's 'Always Artichoke' card stock
- the leaves were die cut from more SU's 'Always Artichoke card stock using a Memory Box die called 'Fresh Foliage'
- the 'daisies' were die cut from a snippet of white card, double layered, using a Joy! die (6002/0024). The yellow centres were punched from a snippet of SU's 'Daffodil Delight' card stock using a standard office issue hole punch (ahem, 'acquired' many years ago)
- the sentiment is another one from the brilliant Personal Impressions 'Everyday Words Happy Birthday' set, stamped using a Making Memories' Wheatgrass' chalk ink pad, die cut using SU's 'Word Window' then popped onto a snippet of woodgrain stamped background which was punched using SU's 'Modern Label'