Friday 4 May 2012

Quick Christmas card

I just whipped two of these up, using Penny Black Stickeroos and some papers that, in my humble opinion, seemed made for the image:
Really fast, once I sorted out stuff it seemed best to really let the image and papers do most of the work:)

I used:

- 6" x 6" cream linen card stock

- Penny Black Stickeroo from the 'Joy to the World' Christmas set. I have to say, I've only found a few PB Christmas Stickeroo sheets to choose from so I hope they bring more out. One hint if you use Stickeroos is to stick the peel off image onto backing card or paper, however you intend to use it, before trimming the backing to size - they really are very sticky and you don't get a second chance :)

- red card from the snippets folder

- backing paper from a really bright and different set by Jennifer Ellory called Berry Merry, free with Cardmaking and Papercraft magazine last Christmas

- cream card also from snippets folder, punched down each side using a very old Fiskars border punch just so the organza ribbon wouldn't get lost with the bright background, shame on me, I keep forgetting these punches

- lime green organza ribbon from the ribbon box

Two more for the Christmas card box and I'd like to enter this into Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge which is not to use the word Christmas in your greeting/sentiment this week. There's a new challenge over at Hazel's tomorrow don't forget :)

Friday - and a long weekend beckons too :)

Di
x

10 comments:

  1. Cute card, love the red and green...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right that it's just as if those papers were made for the image - thanks for another fab entry for my CHNC challenge 70 x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Di, Love it, you were right these papers were made for this stickeroo...Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Di, the DPs are perfect for the image.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh shiney bauble! I love it, perfect Christmassy colours. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Christmas card. I love the DP you used. Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A brilliant Christmas card Di. The Stickaroo is gorgeous and yes your DP is the perfect match for it.
    luvirene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's lovely Di, I really like that backing paper. Have a wonderful weekend.

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant Christmas card Di. Perfect in all respects.

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab card, can't believe how many xmas cards you have made already, I just can't bring myself to make any yet

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.