Saturday 19 May 2012

Not a storm in a teacup

...more like 'love in a teacup' which is another topper from the samples that Tracy of Cardmakers Delights sent me to play with:
I might have committed sacrilege here but, although I lost some of the beautiful top and bottom detail of the topper, with some careful measuring I chopped it to fit the Marianne die cut label - and I just love the result :)

Are we allowed to say we love something we make? What I really mean is that I've looked at some of the other toppers Tracy sent, and I might do this again as it does make a sweet frame without needing to add much else. The vintage image here was too lovely to drown in other details, even though the double layered bow is a tad on the large side - snigger, I got carried away and might reduce it at some point. Easy to do as I followed Jules' tip and secured the double layer of ribbon across the backing card before sticking it to the card itself, and the bow is just another double length of organza ribbon tied into a bow around the secured ribbon. Still with me?

I used:

- 6" x 6" square white card stock

- plain pink card from the snippets folder used to layer a large square and also to cut the label using a Marianne Creatables Label die

- patterned backing paper from Dee - I've frantically tried to find the name of the set this lovely paper came from, if you're looking in Dee any ideas?

- topper from Cardmaker's Delight 'Kissing Teacup Fairies' set

- snippet of white organza ribbon and some white self-adhesive pearls to finish the label off

- a huge pink and white organza  'frou frou' of a bow

By the way, Tracy now has her own blog. We've all been in the position of just starting out on our blogging journey so it would be lovely if you hop over to say 'hello' or even just have a quick peek, there are quite a few cards to see made by other crafters using Tracy's different toppers.

Di
x

15 comments:

  1. Oh, this is so beautiful! I love the vintage look. Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous toppers aren't they. off to check out her blog. The card is stunning too, love the ribbon gives it a very finished look. Hugs, Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Di, you're simply the best! That's not sacrilege at all, the die cut label sets the topper off beautifully and I'm really liking the big bow! Thanks for the 'double mention', you are just too kind to me y'know. Hugs, Tracy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty. Loving all the pink....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Di, that is beautiful and a great idea to fit on to the tag. Just perfect. I'll have a look in my stash and will email you when I find the name of the papers. Hugs Dee xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card Di... Love the background and beautiful image.. so pretty! Lovin the pink.. Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a really pretty card Di and great ribbon technique.

    Have a lovely day xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Di

    Your card is gorgeous, I love the image and soft gentle colours.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty card, and pink...who knew you'd use pink {{Giggle}}. I love the bow/ribbon tip. It's one I've started using and it's sure much easier on the use of precious ribbon. Tracy's topper...I'm headed over to her blog, thanks for sharing it. Dee's paper... it's stunning. Your label... beautiful...Another winner!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Di, This is a very sweet card I love the little couple in a tea cup and the background is gorgeous! I hope you're having fun:0) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow - this is a great card. I love how you fitted the topper on to the die cut label and that bow is just fantastic.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Di, What a great topper and your creation is so beautiful lovely colours as l know your keen on Pink or is that an understatement!! truly is lovely:)x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Forgot to mention that tag is stunning and the ribbon, l'm going to check it out too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Di,

    What a lovely card. I really like the vintage look of it. Actually, the older I get the more I like vintage!! ;-)

    Back from Colorado - didn't get on the computer once.....

    Hugs,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  15. The papers look a bit like Prima papers to me but I am not saying they definately are.
    Fabulous card, everything goes so well, love the 'tag' and I wish I could remember to put the ribbon round the papers before I add it to the card, it does my head in.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.