Sunday 13 May 2012

Pixie's Crafty Snippets - Let's Celebrate

Even though the roll call is being held over, so you have two weeks to play this time, I'd already made a snippets card in readiness and it's a bright and cheerful one, to try to dispel the gloomy weather here recently. But it's been sunshine all the way for the past couple of days so certainly reason to celebrate:
I was a bit like a kid in a sweet shop, playing with Stampin' Up goodies - it's punches right now on this card.

I used:

- 6" x 6" square white card stock

- 'clouds' backing paper from the ' Let's Fly Away' paper stack, free with Quick Cards Made Easy

- pennants made using snippets of card and the Stampin' Up Petite Pennants Builder punch, with the top layers embossed using a free 'dots' embossing folder I've had for ages

- white and orange bakers twine (well hidden behind the scallops though)

- Craftwork Cards sentiment. layered onto plain and scalloped ovals, punched with SU oval punches

- Craftwork Cards candi - I obviously have way too much candi as I found the perfect matches without any trouble

I did want to add some lettering to the pennants, next time maybe though. These babies will be coming out to play a lot, especially with the Jubilee celebrations looming!

Just to say, I'll still be commenting on your snippets - and will have plenty of time for the roll call ready for next Sunday so feel free to add another one if you feel the urge :)

But perleeease, no Go-Karts and no diving competitions into the duck pond even though it's quite deep right now.

Oh dear, now I've got the giggles again, visions of you rigging up a little diving board then a row of you lined up complete with those awful rubber swimming hats some of us used to wear :) And don't get me started about droopy knitted swimming costumes!

Di
x

12 comments:

  1. Mornin Di, fantastic card and a great use of some free papers (I never know what to do with mine and they always stay inside the mag!). Just got the pennant punch myself, l love all of the SU punches :)

    Someone has got a tub of goose fat out ready, they must be getting ready to rub themselves down before taking a dip! Not that I'm playground snitch or anything Miss ;)

    Have a great day xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bunting looks fabulous against the cloudy dp Di and I love that you found matching candi! I can just imagine a jubilee version of this card too. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh no - trauma, I had forgotten about those swimming hats - until now! LOL!
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That bunting looks fab and such great colours....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Di, I especially love the Summery colours you have used.

    Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant card Di, luv the bunting and cloud paper.

    Just off for a walk around the duck pond.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Di, great card, love all the bright colours and the bunting is fab - love it. Oddly, I've been making pennants too today and just added it to the linky list. Pleased to hear you are enjoying sunshine at last ... it's our turn here for the rain, but it was much needed so I'm not complaining. Hope your weekend is going well. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Di

    Great snippet make .. .. love the bunting. You are going to have great fun with those I am sure.

    Just realised I have linked to the wrong post for any new players .. .. doh!!! Will rush back and re-link!!

    You just can't get a decent calibre of playmates these days can you?!?!?!? Tee hee!! Clearly I'm too excited about sunshine in the playground and wondering if it is too cold for the paddling pool to be filled yet?

    Mum has banned me from the duck pond. Apparently she can't get the smell out of my clothes after my last paddle in there when I fell over :-(

    Have a good week Di.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant card, but where is the sun? at least they don't look like rain clouds.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving this card Missey and KNEW you would buy this punch after what you said on mine! Hee Hee!
    As for THOSE swimming caps - yes I remember only far too well. I was the only girl who had to wear them. Oh No - not the plain smooth caps but the horrible frilly flowery and yukky coloured ones. My hair used to reach down to my bum so you can imagine how difficult they used to be to get on and off! Owwwweeeee!! The smell always reminds me of hot water bottles and hence why I don't use those either!! THANKS for that thought Di!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bags I the smarties!!!! I always loved the purple ones. This might give you a smile. One little doll complete with swimming cozzie, rubber ring and pull along duck.
    http://itsanalienlife.blogspot.co.uk/2010/10/beach-babe.html
    (Actually she was made from a snippets too.)

    Right I'm off to start constructing the jetty on the duck pond and get me knitting out. What colour cozzie do yhou fancy? Iv'e got some orange wool left over from the carrots. !! Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really daft question. Is there a theme type this game for the snippets?
    Might have missed it. Also are there any rules?

    The bunting card looks great. Btw. Very clean

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.