Tuesday 28 May 2013

You quack me up

This week's challenge over at Less Is More is 'Humour' so out came the 'humorous' stamps but lots of them needed a fair bit of colouring and time just wasn't on my side so I opted for one of my very favourite Penny Black stamps, plus one of their sentiments:
I've never used these two stamps together before, sigh - why ever not 'cos they do look as if they've just shared a good joke. I usually use 'You'll always be my friend, because you know too much' - which is another great favourite of mine but Chrissie had already used that one for one of her DT cards. Odd though, Len just doesn't 'get' that one - but maybe it's a girl thing to share :)

I used:

- white DL card stock

- Penny Black 'Loving and Hugging' stamp, stamped using Memento 'Gray Flannel' with just a tickle of Pro Markers

- a snippet of lovely cheerful yellow backing card, which my colour swatch tells me is SU's 'Daffodil Delight'

- sentiment is also Penny Black called ''...Quack me up!', stamped with 'Gray Flannel' again

- then the bottom right corners were rounded with Fiskars 'Corner Rounder' scissors

Super fast card, made just before heading off for a hair chop yesterday. I know, my hairdresser has a little independent salon and stunned me when she said she'd be open on Bank Holiday Monday - which suited me down to the ground.

Of course, if the 'chop' didn't go to plan I could be sitting here today with a brown paper sack over my head. And I sure won't be saying 'You quack me up'! I might be quacking in indignation though :)

Di
x

21 comments:

  1. Glad no paper bag on head was featured in your post! Mine occasionally works on the Long Weekend Mondays as well! Small world!

    I think your card is so cute and would love it with either sentiment. Anyone of the femal persusion would get the other sentiment...that's for sure! teehee

    I just accidentally deleted your comment on my Rudolph card. Sorry about that! But maybe I should delete the whole thing cuz I just realized that I broke the rules!!! I linked to 8 hallenges...whoops!!!
    Got a little carried away. i posted 2 cards back to back and the other was carefully only linked to 4...Ah well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. A perfect pairing! I'll bet you use this sentiment and ducks together again and again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your ducks quack me up....tell Len he's not alone. I ran the sentiment past my husband and I got a "lights on nobody is home" look....hmmmm it must be a girl thing. Glad your hair day turned out well. Have a super holiday....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing beats a happy hair day. Your little ducks are positively delightful. You're setting me a bad example...you know I love these ducks! Perfect sentiment to go with the image, and I think either sentiment would be great with these little guys. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this card, great stamping and they do work so well together. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet and funny card,
    love your quak quak
    hugs Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the card Di.....and are you sat there with a bag over your head?
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the card Do. Glad you haven't got a bag over your head!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Di . . . great CAS card with the super sentiment!

    Hope the paper bag isn't necessary today.

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally quackers! Hope you show us a pic of the hairdo too. x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  11. super cute di

    thanks for joining us this week
    Jen xx
    "Less Is More"

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brilliant card Di, love the cute image.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it! Quackers!
    I should imagine you may need a plastic bag rather than paper, but I am sure it is fine! Don't use plastic bag though unless you cut holes in it....which would render it useless ey!
    Shut Up Sam!
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is fabulous Di how cool do they look together its just perfect for the challenge and a great sentiment too! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. My gosh this is just adorable.

    Regards diane

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this Di, the sentiment and image are so perfect together Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Di, Your card is fab, the ducks are funny even without the great sentiment! Tonsorial attention go well? Or is it a brown paper bag evening :D Hugs Gay x

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so cute and the sentiment is superb!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You quack me up wos not the exact words wot I used after me swim in the said duck pond!!! Hugs Mrs a.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Aaw, these characters are so cute - and I love the sentiment. Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love this stamp... super card Di.
    I'm sorry I'm so late visiting but I've been in a rather chilly Italy for the last week on a choir tour!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.