Friday 17 May 2013

Wish upon a star

The current theme over at Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge is 'Seeing Stars'. This is my second card of the week - mostly as it was the card front I originally had in mind to 'upcycle' - right under my nose hiding in the box where I couldn't see it first time round:
I used:

- 6" x 6" square white card stock

- silver mirri card, behind the patterned paper and then with the main image from the card mounted onto a piece and the trimmed sentiment added below

- blue patterned paper, with teensy silver stars on by Craftwork Cards (had it for years!)

- a couple of Josy Rose silver star nail heads at either end of the sentiment

This is also for Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra - where the theme is always 'anything goes'.

I still need to get a wiggle on after those pesky bookmarks are finished and do some batches of Christmas cards. It's either that or fall out with a few folk before Christmas!

Di
x

11 comments:

  1. You are like star here in blog word-you shine with your stunning work-this card is special like all yours
    hugs Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  2. As long as you don't fall out with me thats fine Di. Another fab card.
    If you need any shopping doing then I have two little shoppers on my blog today to do it for you :-)
    Hugs,
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww . . .what a sweet comment from Tamara . . . I wholeheartedly agree.

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Di - love the star - thanks for entering this for both of my CHNC challenges - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a fabulous upcycler (not sure thats even a real word) Di! This is gorgeous, beautiful colour scheme too Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooo, how pretty! I love all the gleaming silver!

    Have a great weekend!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brill up-cycled card, love the star and the papers.

    Soz about not entering the playground this week and my Grandson was going to write you a letter, but getting a paper cut on his finger, biting his tongue, trapping another finger in a draw and starting with conjuctivitis it went by the by.

    Strange week, not made one single card and that is very rare for me.
    Lotsa of stuff has gone in the bin though, re-cycling seems to be my hobby at the moment.
    Have a good weekend.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a right regal looking star Miss. Go to the front of the cue.
    So behind with all me blogging. Struggling to keep up. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cracking the whip on those Christmas card, you don't want to get in trouble! lol Nothing worse tan a card maker who doesn't have any cards to send out! Thank you so much for stoppin by my blog, I always love having visitors!! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Blue & Silver sparkle! You really nailed the Star theme at Hazel's with this one. Very cool looking card. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  11. yup i also love how you up cycled to make this beauty :)
    so glad you linked up with CHNC Extra this month
    Rose GD

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.