Saturday 11 May 2013

Christmas Wishes for You

I know, I know - it's AGES yet! But, I had to make this card as I love the image so much - it's upcycled from one we were sent last Christmas. The effect of the monochrome leaves and stems of the holly with the bright red 'pop' of the berries really caught my eye when it arrived Bet you could stamp a lovely monochrome image and just add the red - oh, and it came with 'frosting' already on too:
So easy 'cos the work was mostly already done for me :)

I used:

- 6" x 6" square white card stock

- sort of 'elephant grey' Cord'inations card and red card from the Snippets folder to back the image (mostly so it didn't just look like I'd taken the easy option and just slapped an old card front onto a fresh one without taking any trouble at all)

- the sweet little tag and bow were already on the card

- not showing very well but there are some little red gems amongst the holly - one had dropped off en route to us and I added just a couple of extra ones while I had them out on the desk

Saturday is my morning to do the Snippets Playground roundup and I was out most of yesterday so this card sure came to the rescue :)

Hope you have a lovely weekend, whatever you have planned. I spent an hour yesterday trying to do a Snippets Playground grab button - managed to succeed but then realised that the image is too small 'cos I over-reduced the pixels. You'd need a magnifying glass :( Watch this space though - I'll let you know when it's done! Snigger, if I can find the flipping tutorial again :(

Di
x

15 comments:

  1. What a brilliant Christmas card Di, your image is stunning. Oh a little Snippets grab button, yippee.
    luv
    irene
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card definitely pops. Great colour combo.

    Good luck with button wotsit.

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's made a very pretty 'new card' love the colours
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well blow me down with a feather if I don't have this used card in my stash too. Spooky wooky or what.!! Hugs Mrs a.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe we have the same friends Mrs A?

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous upcycling! Must try to do the same thing this year. I'm trying to make a couple each week so I don't have to be a headless chook again! Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christmas? Already? Nooooooooooo!
    No seriously it is a lovely image!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous, and the wind has turned chilly enough to make me think of putting extra layers on too, so Christmas is perfectly appropriate I think. Brr.
    Rosey x

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's another of your stunning makes Di really like the recycled image your card is so lovely enjoy your weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Di, :D What a lovely Christmas card, I would have been taken by the image too it's gorgeous! I love the little pink fairy card below too :D
    Thank you so much for your very helpful and kind comments, you are a real sweetie, I really appreciate it! I hope you have a great weekend, hugs Gay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great bit of upcycling Di! Love the red with the monochrome.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Clever upcycling, also love your fairy card. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another great up-cycled C card, you are very lucky as most of mine from the G.P. go in the bin.
    Forgot to add to my entry that thanks, but no thanks to the prize.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the silver and red on your re-cycled card! It's just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.