Last year, on holiday in NM, I bought some gorgeous trim with 'unisex' baby cards in mind. It came from JoAnn's when Len and I were there with Kay - this is the first outing for it:
- 6" x 6" square white card stock
- pale blue pearlescent card. In fact I used an A6 sized card for the backing and just made sure the fold in the card was where it would be covered by the trim at each side before chopping it to size
- the stamp set is Woodware's 'Baby Patch Elephant', stamped using Memento 'Grey Flannel' as it's softer than pure black. Paper pieced the elephant, letters and hearts then mounted the image onto more pale blue pearlescent card
- all papers came from a free pack which came with a magazine, it's called 'Emma's Garden' - such a pretty set too
- a band of the pink, blue and lemon fluffy trim
- and as a final touch, a little 'googly' eye on the elephant - which suddenly brought him to life! He's watching you :)
Poor Len took the trim through the check out at JoAnn's to maximise the vouchers I had - he was terrified the assistant would ask what he intended to use it for. But not so, she was much more interested in our 'quaint' English accents :) Another memory of a wonderful holiday, which was made totally perfect by meeting and spending time with Kay.
I'd like to enter this card into two challenges that are new ones for me:
Simply Create Too - 'All about Babies'
Ladybug Crafts Inc - 'Oh Baby!'