Sunday 19 May 2013

Pixies Crafty Snippets Playground - Week 73

Yikes, I only just managed to finish my snippets card quite late yesterday so this week might well be a very quick canter:


I used:

- 5.5" x 5.5" square white card stock with one edge punched using MS 'Lace Heart' border punch with a little straight snippet of 'Perfect Plum' patterned card on the back half of the card - snigger, which you can't see in the photo

- pink card from the snippets folder - checking against my SU card swatch it's 'Pink Pirouette'

- snippets of patterned 'Perfect Plum' card stock, chopped into squares and popped onto the pink card, some showing the reverse of the card

- LOTV 'Born to Shop' stamped image (I used Memento 'Grey Flannel' as it's softer than black), coloured with Pro Markers, a tickle of Ranger Glossy Accents on the sunspecs and a touch of pink chalk on the bear's cheeks - a tip I got from Jules - it looks much more natural than trying to blend a pink Pro Marker

- the image is backed with a snippet of plain SU 'Perfect Plum' card stock, die cut with a Nesties scalloped square die

- sentiment is LOTV from their 'General Greetings Small' set, stamped using SU's 'Perfect Plum' and die cut using a 'Crealies text tag', as is the 'Perfect Plum' frame round the sentiment

- a snippet of pink spotty ribbon (I have about two inches left so it's in a little poly bag with other ribbon snippets ready for a trip to Hobbycraft to stock up)

- the finishing touch is a little handbag charm tied on with an irridescent cord bow (thank you Jules for sending me my own pack of assorted charms to play with!)

Right, am now up to a gallop - and here are some picks of the week:
I think you'll agree that Sandra H has used snippets brilliantly here - I LOVE all the greens!
A fabulous snippets card from Cathy R - sighing over the embossing folder here and a lot of little snippets used too.
Such a vibrant card made by Lynn - using the joy fold which is such a great way to use little snippets as well as being a real change.
Sam (aka Hettie) brought this stunning Christmas album to show - using shed loads of snippets I saw this album partially made last year and it really is breathtaking!
Mags B is another playmate who made a joy fold card this week - using one of my favourite LOTV images.
And Karen P brought this beautiful Wedding card - showing devotion to snippets! You really ought to go and read just how she squirrels her snippets.

Sorry that was such a fast whizz through - remember you can still go and check out all the lovely snippets makes from last week by going here.

So, last week's prize, donated by Jules - those lovely charms and the cord:
Mary didn't seem to have the vapours over the charms and the cost of using them on cards to post in the USA - in fact I rather think she loved them! I agree, why spoil a card if you feel that a charm is a nice finishing touch?! Well done Mary - they will be in the post to you ASAP.

And, now for this week's prize - which is a real little medley of goodies to play with. And my snippets card is a BIG clue.

This is what we have:
- first of all, the super cute LOTV stamp called 'Born to Shop' plus a pack of A6 embossed cards - kindly donated by Viv

-two 'Crealies Text Tag' dies from me. The white stuff is Eazi foam which you add to the die before using it the first time - I love that these dies will also cut a nice contrasting border as I used on my card today

- a set of LOTV 'General Greetings - small' stamps. These are almost my very favourite 'go to' set of sentiments and I use mine LOADS - I just checked and most of them fit inside one or other of the dies too. LOTV don't exactly inspire by including images of the stamps you're buying but I guess that keeps costs down, however I always stamp my LOTV images for reference and this is the slightly crumpled piece of paper I keep inside the packet with my own 'separated and trimmed' set of these sentiments:
A real little selection box this week girls!

The Playground is open all of this coming week, will close on Saturday 25th May  at noon UK time and Mr Linky is below as usual. Just enter a snippets make into the Playground this week and I'll do a draw after the Playground closes next Saturday.

Maximum of three entries and please say 'No thank you' in a comment if you wish to still play but not be a winner of this weeks prize.

Have a great week! 

Di
x

27 comments:

  1. Morning Di, Another snippets where are these weeks going?!....Wow what a lovely card your plum coloured card stock is gorgeous and is well placed with the pink card behind it ....it almost looks like a very thin pink ribbon, l do like your dotted ribbon though and the charm added also the lovely border a beautiful snippets card with lots of detail and lots of inspiration.....Thank you for showcasing my card, Cathy's, Lynns, Sams, Mags and Karens they are all gorgeous and well done to Mary enjoy your charms they looked stunning ......another great candy too good luck to all enjoy your Sunday Di take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw shucks Mrs! Yep I'm definitely OCD in my use and hoarding of them snippets! Congrats to the rest of the playground too - we are being very green and upcycling those bits and bobs! Thank you for showcasing my work again Di - didn't expect that this week. I'm hoping to play with my lovely new stamps tomorrow - so may not get to play along for a couple of days! Have a good Sunday Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card there Di. Struggling to get back into it on this side of the pond, but managed a snippet make today. On Friday after work I stamped all my "new to me" LOTV stamps onto scrap card and put one in each envelope so I can see exactly what it is. I like that they don't cost the earth to buy but I do like to see an image of what I've got!

    Hugs
    Brenda

    PS. Lovely snippet makes as usual, some talented peeps out there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no idea where my thank you to Jules and to you went, it is flying around space somewhere. So, lets try this again. Thank you Jules for the wonderful charms...I am so very lucky to have won them. I hope the bank isn't broken when you post them. Di, thank you for hosting on your blog. I almost missed the fact that I'd won, as I was checking out all the great cards. The charms are wonderful....I'm such a charm hoarder, I hope I can actually bring myself to use them on cards. I was looking at the cards you posted and the window card is a twin, well nearly, to one I was working on. I think we are all tuned in on the same wave length. I'll post mine if I get off my behind and finish it. I was just given that embossing folder and I love it. Again..a Huge Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Di...I will check back in on all the snippet cards later this week...too tired to take a good look now. I usually try to visit everyone but had a busy week.
    Don't worry about rushing to email me...we are off to the lake on Monday at the crack of dawn. Going to spend a week up there relaxing and lying by the pool and kicking back from the busyness of citylife.

    We had our plant sale...topped out at just over 400 plants,(I must have miscounted). We gave away some to the garden club raffle, sold some beforehand and now after the sale we only have 150 left...mainly the small ones!

    So my sister gets some plants after all and I have a few ginormous ones tucked away for her too.

    We made $210.00 so were quite thrilled. We met some lovely gardeners, had a couple of crazies so life today was fun and funny!!! teehee

    Toodles!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Di, love the purple patchwork of snippets on your card and the little image is so cute. Beautifully coloured, TFS the chalk tip. I haven't got any alcohol markers but they are on the list!!!

    I'm happy to just play along this week, so no thank you to the lovely goodies.

    Thankyou for the shout out and congrats to everyone for all the inspiration shared, makes coming to the playground so much fun :) Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Di - was in the middle of making a comment & my browser crashed - LOL always blame the technology!! As I was saying LOved posting my entry this time around using my "prize" and your gift card was lovely - really like the heart border on your card and the lovely soft colours... cheers Mxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Di

    Your LOTV snippets card is really cute and I love how you used the charm and did that pretty card border too.

    Great showcases as ever.

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Di, you've made the sweetest snippets card! I love the heart border and that fun purse charm!

    Thank you for the great post and the highlights for the week. And thank you for not pointing out my bad-girl absence last week! I've been rehabituated and even popped in EARLY!

    Oh, goodness, my arm is sprained now from all that patting on my own back!

    No thank you for the week's wonderful prize! Off to bed ... xxoo Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your card, the layout is fab and I like the heart border detail. X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card and a good idea to do the squares in the different patterns and same shade of the SU papers, cute image and brilliant colouring.
    Fab showcase but what does OCD mean, just can't think.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card there Miss Di! There really are too many stamps out there in the big world that I want!
    Shattered after my 10 mile walk today, so not much crafting this weekend! Ho Hum!
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another super card - love the image and that gorgeous ribbon - hope you can find more of same at Hobbycraft. Tickled by your tickle of glossy accents and, after reading your what you had to say about it, I've made a note to myself to buy some as soon as my Anita's has run out, or perhaps even sooner :) Once again a great showcase - our fellow snippeteers are a talented bunch. Right, I'm off to bed - too shattered to stay up much longer. Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Back with a card to enter and love the prize this week!
    Yours is so pretty this week. Love that image and loved the way you cut the squares to form your background!
    The heart edging on the card itself is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What fabulous snippety cards as always! I've been rubbish at joining in lately thanks to the outrageous (!) demands made upon me by my lovely lot but hope to turn up for show and tell soon! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your lavender bear card is just darling, and I love that tiny purse charm! Adorable!! Congrats to all your notables from last week's playground! I'm always inspired by what I see :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Di

    Rather late this week .. .. but I am determined to get there before the gates close!!

    Great card from you and I am so pleased your charms are coming in useful.

    Lovely that Mary Mac is happy with her prize too.

    Catch you soon.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Afternoon Di - well you have got me being a goody two shoes with this card - I've used some stashed snippets that I've been loathe to use as I love the papers. Hope you are having a good week - got some crafting I need to do! Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a really cute image, Di! Love the label and that pretty edge!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I had quite a day and I should be in bed, one of those two steps forward, 5 steps back days. But I want to say....Thank you for all the inspiration your blog brings. This week Cathy's card took me into my craft room to make a window card. I'm sure my little friend will love receiving it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. See Fluff got in before me with her comment ! The lilac and pink looks most pretty together and luv the spotty ribbon. Hugs mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ah, finally got a chance to visit when I had time to leave a comment. I sneaked in for a couple looks earlier, but it was a fast trip. Loved your cute little bear sweetie in all her purples & lilacs. A real feminine miss she is indeed. Aren't you the clever Pixie to add a purse charm to the ribbon to accent her outfit!! Cute. Especially liked the way you use the heart punch as trim. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Di, back for another romp in the playground! :) Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Back again! I only just noticed the edge of your card here! Fabulous! Need that punch now!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Haha - I am back again too - can never have too many turns on your merry-go-round!! Mxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely to see all the playmates here and what a super prize this week - yes please

    ReplyDelete
  27. Helllo Di, Very late in joining in this week. I love your card - cute image; and I really like how you have used the DSP. Lynn x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.