- 5.5" x 5.5" square white card stock with one edge punched using MS 'Lace Heart' border punch with a little straight snippet of 'Perfect Plum' patterned card on the back half of the card - snigger, which you can't see in the photo
- pink card from the snippets folder - checking against my SU card swatch it's 'Pink Pirouette'
- snippets of patterned 'Perfect Plum' card stock, chopped into squares and popped onto the pink card, some showing the reverse of the card
- LOTV 'Born to Shop' stamped image (I used Memento 'Grey Flannel' as it's softer than black), coloured with Pro Markers, a tickle of Ranger Glossy Accents on the sunspecs and a touch of pink chalk on the bear's cheeks - a tip I got from Jules - it looks much more natural than trying to blend a pink Pro Marker
- the image is backed with a snippet of plain SU 'Perfect Plum' card stock, die cut with a Nesties scalloped square die
- sentiment is LOTV from their 'General Greetings Small' set, stamped using SU's 'Perfect Plum' and die cut using a 'Crealies text tag', as is the 'Perfect Plum' frame round the sentiment
- a snippet of pink spotty ribbon (I have about two inches left so it's in a little poly bag with other ribbon snippets ready for a trip to Hobbycraft to stock up)
- the finishing touch is a little handbag charm tied on with an irridescent cord bow (thank you Jules for sending me my own pack of assorted charms to play with!)
Right, am now up to a gallop - and here are some picks of the week:
Sam (aka Hettie) brought this stunning Christmas album to show - using shed loads of snippets I saw this album partially made last year and it really is breathtaking!
Mags B is another playmate who made a joy fold card this week - using one of my favourite LOTV images.
And Karen P brought this beautiful Wedding card - showing devotion to snippets! You really ought to go and read just how she squirrels her snippets.
Sorry that was such a fast whizz through - remember you can still go and check out all the lovely snippets makes from last week by going here.
So, last week's prize, donated by Jules - those lovely charms and the cord:
Mary didn't seem to have the vapours over the charms and the cost of using them on cards to post in the USA - in fact I rather think she loved them! I agree, why spoil a card if you feel that a charm is a nice finishing touch?! Well done Mary - they will be in the post to you ASAP.
And, now for this week's prize - which is a real little medley of goodies to play with. And my snippets card is a BIG clue.
This is what we have:Viv
-two 'Crealies Text Tag' dies from me. The white stuff is Eazi foam which you add to the die before using it the first time - I love that these dies will also cut a nice contrasting border as I used on my card today
- a set of LOTV 'General Greetings - small' stamps. These are almost my very favourite 'go to' set of sentiments and I use mine LOADS - I just checked and most of them fit inside one or other of the dies too. LOTV don't exactly inspire by including images of the stamps you're buying but I guess that keeps costs down, however I always stamp my LOTV images for reference and this is the slightly crumpled piece of paper I keep inside the packet with my own 'separated and trimmed' set of these sentiments:
A real little selection box this week girls!
The Playground is open all of this coming week, will close on Saturday 25th May at noon UK time and Mr Linky is below as usual. Just enter a snippets make into the Playground this week and I'll do a draw after the Playground closes next Saturday.
Maximum of three entries and please say 'No thank you' in a comment if you wish to still play but not be a winner of this weeks prize.
Have a great week!