Tuesday 10 July 2012

Let it snow

It might as well, we've almost every other sort of weather thrown at us! The current challenge over at Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge is 'Snowmen':
Once again, the camera isn't showing something very well - the embossed strip at the bottom of the card says 'Let It Snow' - imaginative of me huh? And the embossed lines I carefully scored above and below the sentiment have sort of faded back too so you'll just have to press your nose against the screen or take my word for it :(

I used:

- white DL card stock
 
- Penny  Black 'Stickeroo' from the 'Every Christmas' set, snowman, snowflake and the border strip right at the bottom of the card

- backing card from Dovecrafts 'Let It Snow' pack (a lot of 'let it snow' going on today!). These card sheets are great - the reverse of a lot of them is plain and the green was a perfect match to the image

- the sentiment was embossed using white card and a Crafts Too Christmas sentiments folder which I'd chopped into message strips a while back


I've got a 'shed load' of different PB snowmen here to use in the run up until Christmas - could be a bit of a theme going :)

Di
x

10 comments:

  1. Use 'em up, Di! Everyone loves snowmen!

    And no worries about the details showing. It looks awesome and has all the details when I click on it to make it bigger!

    (Thank heavens, no need for boogers on my screen. They're skirts to wash off.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pressing me nose up real close and I can see everything. Is that a speck of dust I spy on the work surface!!!! He looks a very cool snowman. It's 3.14am here and chucking it down. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card Di. Brrrrr he looks cold too....must be something to do with the wet, windy weather we are having!
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's certainly a fab snowman (haven't seen that stickeroo before - love it) and I clicked to see a bigger image and saw the embossing etc. Thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 80 - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Di but isn't this challenge a little sexist - there are snowwomen too you know!
    Do you know the difference between snowmen and snowwomen?
    Snowballs!
    LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that stickeroo.. Never used these but this image may just persuade me!

    Lovely card and thanks for joining CHCC challenge #80

    Hope to see you again soon

    Catherine x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Laughing at Sam's comment! What is she like!?

    Anyhoo . . . onto your card . . . fabby Stickeroo and I ADORE that embossed wording.

    Hugs,
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Di and l just love snowmen and yours is brilliant for the challenge, you never know we have had snow before in July it could happen........lol:)x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant card, love the embossed wording and the cute snowmen, bring 'em on, won't get fed up at least you are using them.
    I find once I get into Christmas card making I find it hard to get out of it, can't get back to other cards.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm just laughing at Sam's joke!!

    Great card to start the snowman fest... looking forward to the next :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.