Sunday 22 July 2012

Pixies Crafty Snippets Challenge - 30

Am writing this in between housework on Saturday - the lovely Len is doing the vacuuming and I'm doing the rest. It's best to keep out of the way when he's vacuuming though so I've raced up here for a little while, oops I just heard a radiator cap rattle up into Henry - best to keep hiding I think!

This is my snippets card for today, made for Abi's Mum, Kim, whose birthday it is this very day:

Kim loves cats so it was a bit of a no-brainer really :)

I used:

- 6" x 6" square petal edged white card

- image is from a set of already printed and coloured panels called 'Annabelle's Meadow' by Wild Rose Studio

- papers are also from the matching paper set - one full piece and a snippets

- all plain backing card is from the snippets folder, some of it rounded off with a corner punch

- doily is die cut using Cheery Lyn's French Pastry die (DL102). I've had this for quite a while and it's a real delight to use, the paper pops out so easily and it's very therapeutic poking any leftover little die cut pieces out

- a snippet of blue gingham ribbon, with a little cat charm tied on using metallic fine cord - I'm also enclosing a little charm loop thingy as am pretty sure that Kim will want to dangle the charm from her phone/ purse or whatever :)

- a strip of paper along the back edge of the card behind the 'petals'

- Craftwork Cards sentiment layered onto an oval cut using SU plain oval punch 

- Josy Rose nail heads

Right, roll call time now:

For the latest update from our playmate Mary H, recovering from the Achilles tendon repair, this is the link here. Good to see that progress is being made Mary, keep up the weight training :) xxx

Irene was first to come and play this week with, as always, a really elegant card and a tag as well - all made using some delicious SU products. Such pretty colours Irene and both are beautifully made. Love the little gem above the letter I - this could become your trademark :) I think the colouring directly onto stamps works so well too, brilliant results as ever.

Next was Sam, playing three times this week - yay! First was a brilliant layout featuring such a handsome chap, Harry her Grandfather in fact, and lots of lovely die cuts and embellishments, and the Ancestry papers are delicious! Then, a delightful tag and a very unusual Christmas card which you can see here. Sam is super critical of her own work - but I truly don't see why - both are absolutely fabulous! Finally, another snippets card, using the 'brushless watercolour' technique. Err, OK said I, then Sam kindly told me how it's done - don't hold your breath gals though, it's likely that my attempts could end up in the bin :( But, Sam's card is absolutely delightful - some lovely makes this week Sam!

Jules found time this week to make a snippets card in between all the other Wedding things she's doing right now. BTW, I got Quick Cards Made Easy magazine through the post the other day and Jules is in print again :)  Super article as well. To see Jules snippets card, hop over here, such a gorgeous image and there's stitching, fabby papers, lovely colouring - all the things we'd expect from our Patron and Founder :) So pleased to hear the mahoosive roll of bubble wrap arrived Jules, it did have me giggling here.

Next was Victoria with toffees! Oh, and a delightful card too - so elegant, and a perfect example of less is more working brilliantly Victoria - I adore the papers you used so well and the wrapped linen thread is an inspired finishing touch. I follow Victoria, as I do all of you, and just love the daily cat photos - quite often they really make you laugh out loud! A purrfect start to my day :)

Hazel seems a bit perkier this week, although I doubt if the shingles have fully disappeared yet - we're still wishing you well! But, we have eight visits over the week, sort of picking up towards the end of the week which could be a good sign. So, these are the cards that Hazel brought to show: a Jolly Nation Christmas shopper (my lists are like that and am lost if I forget to take a list out with me!), Jolly Nation Shepherd Boys which reminds me so much of the school Nativity Play I wrote about here and another Jolly Nation card with a Mum carrying a load of Christmas Boxes - I love the bunny rabbit slippers Hazel :) I had a pair of white fluffy doggie slippers a few years back, it was a bit like walking round with Bichon Frises on my feet, loved them but then the boss made me get rid of them after I tripped and slid down the stairs on me bum whilst wearing them :( Then, in complete contrast we had a little run of sunshine and Summer days on the beach cards, the first one is here, I just adore those beach huts and the teeny little sunglasses, next was this scene, looking out to sea, then a brilliant card for a surfer (love the backing paper you used on both those cards Hazel), and another beach scene, again with brilliant backing papers and embellishments to go with the lovely relaxing image. And finally, two cards in one go - a London taxi and a London bus to depict something very British:) Brilliant stitched tags and the backing paper is perfect Hazel.

Next was Mags B, with such a lovely 'girlie' card - just brilliant colouring Mags and the whole card is a real delight. Flowers, doily, lace -  all the things which go to make a really feminine card, yet teamed so well with a very 'cool' looking image. Perfectly done Mags! You've reminded me that I've got some of those metallic corners lurking, neglected, in a box here :)

Gilly came to play this week - or should we say 'Mrs Gilly' now? Her card can be seen in this post here - lovely image and the purples are just perfect Gilly! Now girls, if you haven't already been and seen, there's a great photo of Gilly and Jamie on their big day in the same post - do make sure you take a close look at what's written on the underneath of Gilly's shoes :) So clever, and such a beautiful dress too - err, Jamie has nice knees as well :) And, our playmates Wedding card did get sent to Gilly eventually by the way.

Sandra H was a bit later this week - what am I saying, it was still only Monday, there seems to be a little rush of playmates on Sundays! Probably checking to see if we have any new toys to play on. Anyhow, such a gorgeous Wedding card Sandra - love the elegant image and you've made a really terrific card! What's amazing is that all the elements are from when Sandra began card making (in fact I've also got the same images here from quite a few years ago) - but, by adding some up to date twists such as rounded corners the card looks bang up to date.

Next was Amanda, and we had two visits this week, firstly with this terrific monochrome card - something I'd be terrified of making from scratch. It's an adorable card Amanda. Just love the colouring of that fab image and the way everything else goes so perfectly with the monochrome theme. I also had a smile when I read that Amanda had been furiously raking through her snippets for the right pieces of card/paper when her hubby pointed out that she could have cut into a fresh sheet :) That's a true sign of a dedicated snippeteer Amanda :) Next was a great snowman card - such a happy chappy - and a glorious red snowflake, which is perfect by the way. I do love reading the comments left on your posts girls and see I see that one of the playground wags remarked thus to Amanda when she'd mentioned that red snow is just rarer than yellow snow 'Top tip with regard to yellow snow...don't eat it!'. No prizes for guessing who wrote that - vroom, vroom!

Laura also managed two visits this week - she's almost at the end of her Uni. course, which much be such a fabulous feeling Laura! The first card is absolutely THE most adorable christening card for her 'soon to be' god daughter. It's one of those cards that really makes you go 'WOW' - every detail is just perfect. Such a sweet Forever Friends image, beautifully coloured and teamed so well with papers, ribbon, pearls and beautifully printed sentiments. The second card is also so sweet, LOTV this time teamed with luscious pink and purple, with splashes of yellow - I love it Laura! We also have to please keep our fingers crossed for the 1st August, that's when Laura will get the results of her dissertation.

Next was Lindsey, using snippets to make a fabulous yellow and blue chequer board card. It's great Lindsey, love the way the backgrounds are stamped and also the punching you did. The yellow and blue go together perfectly - a true example of how great SU products work together, the the hands of someone with imagination of course! Nope, I'm not a demonstrator folks - but I'm a huge fan of SU products and have noticed a big surge in people using them lately.

Speaking of Stampin' Up - Sarn trotted in for a play next. I feel bad as am almost sure that she was running another of her card making classes this weekend and I was so flipping busy I forgot to say Good Luck. Not that she'll need it I'm sure - that gal has taken to it like a duck to water :) Anyhow, Sarn brought a terrific card for a cricket player or a fan of cricket which you can see here - very classy and just perfect for a chap Sarn! When you hop over for a peek, do click on the link at the top of Sarn's blog to 'Sarn Tangles' - she's into Zentangling now (sigh) and there are some fabulous results to be seen! Also, it's Rudolph Day on the 25th (Wednesday) over at Sarn's so remember to get your Christmas goodies out for a play this week!

Rach arrived next, with the confession that she's a closet 'feather cushion sniffer' - I've heard it all now :) Oh dear, the image of Rach chasing Harriet and Margot (Sarn's chickens) or Sam's 'Tony the Cockerel' trying to grab them for a quick sniff just sprung into my mind here - snigger! Anyhow, Rach had made a great card, taking one of her cushions as inspiration - love the design, gorgeous colours and different textures Rach, and that Kirsty Wiseman stamp is terrific. I've known Kirsty since the days when she owned Dies to Die For and she's a great person, as well as being a super designer and photographer. Her blog (here) is always interesting too, life isn't always without its ups and downs for her yet she bounces back with a vengeance.

Next was Elizabeth, having just recovered from a heavy cold, kindly 'donated' by her husband. In fact, it's their wedding anniversary this weekend and they're off for a romantic break - hope you had a great time Elizabeth! The card that Elizabeth brought is for her hubby to celebrate their anniversary - and I did a double take when I saw it. It's actually a Michael Powell topper but it's almost the same as 'Shore Thing' which I've been looking for but it seems that as soon as stocks arrive it just flies out of the shops :( The backing papers go beautifully with the image Elizabeth, and the gems in each corner are a perfect finishing touch!

Right girls, that's the roll call done - I truly wondered if I'd manage it this week in time but it's done. I hope I covered everyone and that all the links are fine - just shout if there's a problem please.

Mr Linky is below as usual and the playground will close at noon on Saturday 28th July. Hope you have a great week (I think some sunshine is forecast!!) and please remember to follow the conditions below. 

Di
x

The only conditions to playing nicely in the Snippet Playground are that your card (or anything else you wish to bring here to show) must be made by using up snippets (card, paper, lace and ribbon are all fine), and a link back to here in your own blog posting will mean that you'll be included in the Weekly Roll Call. Oh, and no nipping or hair pulling of course :)

20 comments:

  1. I was going to say how did you get a pink doily but see it is a die cut one Not too sure about having to prod the little bits of paper out. Am ttyping this on my iPad and it is on predictive text and coming up with some right funny words. Have to keep going back and correcting it. I 'mpretty sure I saw a UFO today. All bright and yellow it was. Had to put me dark glasses on to shade me eyes from the glare. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, my secret is out, no one will ever sell me another feather cushion again!

    Lovely card Di, love the florals and kitty cat image. It's so pretty and feminine. Jules will be proud of those hearts too!

    Have a lovely Sunday, thanks for another amazing role call. Stand by your beds girls, matron is on the prowl ;)

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Di . . . LOVELY snippet card.

    E you shortly xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your snippet card, Di. Thanks for the get well wishes. The pain has now subsided, which is brilliant, but the rash on my chin decided to come back again and is annoying ... but I'll get there. I can't believe I'm the first one today! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Di. Beautiful card there and lovely write up as usual. Will be round later to view all that I have not seen already! Off to the tip now. Hubby takes me to all the best places!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Di. Love the image and design.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Di

    Tee hee!!! Snap!!!

    We have used the same nail heads!! Spooky!!!

    Your card is gorgeous. I love the image very much and your ribbon and charm

    Such a lovely colour combo too.

    Thank you for another fabby roll call .. .. your fingers must ache all weekend after typing such long posts up!!

    Have a good week.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Di, I'm back! We had a lovely time but it didn't quite turn out as expected, Kirkby Lonsdale was full up ... due to three weddings taking place ... so we popped over to Ambleside instead.

    Very pretty and feminine card - I like the pink doily and your petal edged base cards are gorgeous.

    I'll pop down to my local craft shop tomorrow on an errand of mercy for Mrs A ... don't hold your breath but they may just have the stamp she is looking for.

    Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Linky seems to have gone AWOL - I'll come back later and try again x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Di, Challenge 30 already seems only yesterday that you took ove from Jules and your doing a brilliant job, Your card today is another beauty, lovely image from Wild rose Studio you and l must have the same craft room as l have these too such a beautiful set and so easy to use because as you say they are already coloured love your doily and the gorgeous card do you buy them like that l think you have used this type of card before and l'm not sure if it was a friend that sent them to you anyway its lovely and the colours used are also lovely and well matched with the image, lovely embellis and sentiment to compliment the finishing touches, thank you for your lovely comments as always ......have a great week ahead of you whatever your plans take care:)x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Done a bit of deep sea diving today. The bottom of the duck pond sure is mucky. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab card Di, so soft and gentle. Love that charm, such a good finishing touch

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is the most delicate of cards. Colors so feminine, and just right for a bday card. Don't you just love the Cheery Lynn doily? (my pokeys didn't come out too easily at first. You must have a secret!). Beautiful card & loved the way you placed the doily. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is so exquisite and feminine, Di! You sure have a talent for layering and embellishing w/o it looking like sh, er, chaos!

    Another great roll call! Thank you for hanging in and getting through it. Don't know how you manage!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful and delicate card! I got snippy with my snippets and threw them out. They were bothering me. They were being mean! So I showed them who's boss!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cats are always good on cards. Actually they are good anywhere! Hope your friend liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Di, Wonderful card. Love the pink doily...Aren't these dies that create doilies great. Your graphic is very sweet, I'm sure your friend will love it. And that sweet charm...the perfect touch. Another winner! Have a great week...see you on the playground.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I thought I'd commented on your fabulous roll call, but apparently not. You thought were safe, didn't you?! Your write-ups must take you hours... I'm surprised you have time to make any cards at all!
    But this one is fabulous... a gorgeous image and it looks great with that doily.
    I'm glad you like my cat pictures... I never intended them to become a signature but people seem to enjoy them so much, it's a shame to stop now! Fortunatley I have a good couple of months' worth of photos saved on Pinterest so I'm in no danger of running out any time soon!
    Hope you're having a good snippety week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Di, I've managed two for the price of one today, two the same but different. And you might just spot that I chickened out of tying bow at all on the second card, I made a faux bow instead and it looks a treat even if I say so myself. I've tried your suggestion of tying on the card edge before when you kindly passed it on, but I am just such a butterfingers that I still struggled. I'm off to bed now so see you later. Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.