Monday 2 July 2012

Frosty the Snowman - a blast from the past

The craft room 'sort out' continues here, and whilst poking round in a box of Christmas crafting goodies I came across this:
I guess this card was 'assembled' about 10, or even 15 years ago and did make me smile as I think I was quite proud of it at the time. He does have a cute smile though :)

Just for the sheer h*ll fun of it, I'm hoping it will make Hazel smile so am entering it into Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge which is 'festive funnies'  (a proper entry is also planned Hazel!).

I have no real idea of what I used, I suspect the pearlescent blue card stock came from Lakeland when they sold card making goodies, along with the sentiment, gems, snowflakes - hey, probably the whole lot was bought from them! The snowman is all puffy and squidgy :)

I hope I won't be kicked out of the challenge world for not taking it seriously enough - normal service will resume once I'm back on the medication :)

Have a nice day!

Di
x

13 comments:

  1. He's rather cute. I often have a chuckle when I look back on the things I made...how times have changed!
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the blast from the past! I think I had some snowmen a little bit like this, I seem to recall I picked them up at Ryman's when there weren't a lot of craft shops about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant card Di, I love the snowman. It's amazing the long forgotton gems we find when sorting out our craft rooms.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. And WHAT is wrong with Frosty then? He is cute. I remember when Lakeland used to sell craft stuff and not sure why they stopped!! I probably still have some stuff of theirs not used! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hee hee . . .what's not to love about a snowman?
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Di, He's gorgeous and what not to like about it its fabulous and l think Hazel will love him too! l just love his hat and scarf he looks to be so content, amazing what you find and this is a great card:)x

    ReplyDelete
  7. He is kind of cute and I suspect there is many a toddler out there that would just love him for Christmas. I'm sure Hazel will enjoy it too. I remember when Lakeland sold crafting supplies ... wonder why they stopped! Hugs, Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't believe that this card is so old, looks great to me. Thought you'd had the needles out at first wondered how you'd knitted something so small.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, it did make me smile - thank you, I need some cheering up today. Thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 79 - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is cute. Can I have some of your medication too. Perhaps we could sit on the see saw together. I'll bring the blanket if you bring the meds. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just back from spending some chillout time with The Doc in Suffolk which is why I'm blogging so early to catch up. I'm in the dog house cos the last timer didn't go off on Wimpey's food tray so he was starving when we got back home. 2 bowls of food and a good lick of the spaggetti bolognese tray later and he has finally stopped meowing at me. Off to start making me snippets into something. hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LIKE your little snowman. Sure beats anything I made early on. He's nothing to apologize for...he's a cutie! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  13. Do you know I think I have some of the items used on this card, I used to get lots from lakeland. And I agree he has a really cute smile. Hugs, Amanda x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.