Monday 16 July 2012

Aloha!

I've had an 'Aloha' sentiment stamp here for ages, just waiting for the right stamp to appear - finally one did and this is what I made:
I do love the way the little Hula Kiddo's hips are working away :) It's another card that I had a load of fun making - those little flip flops are just sooo cute.

I used:

 - 6" x 6" square cream card stock - Stampendous cling stamp called 'Hula Kiddo', coloured with Pro Markers, including the background (I even tried to match the hibiscus flowers to the backing paper, although I've never seen a blue hibiscus in real life) 

- plain backing card from the snippets folder and the papers are from the Bo Bunny 'Barefoot and Bliss' paper pack which I'm totally in love with right now

- yellow self adhesive ribbon from the ribbon box. Confession, I added it as the finished card looked out of balance - the horizontal strip of paper and the image were placed too low by yours truly

- orange/yellow flower came from Helena in a little parcel of goodies a while back and the brad was my own - and those dinky and totally adorable little flip flops are buttons, in a pack of five pairs from Hobbycraft, but I've spotted them on e-Bay as well - just with the shanks snipped off the back and stuck on using the glue gun

I'm gonna play along with the following challenges:

The Order of the Opus Gluei (this is a new one on me but the ladies who run the challenge seem to be a really fun crowd) - the current challenge is 'Where'd you get your sun tan'

Crafty Calendar Challenge - Fun In The Sun (another challenge that's new to me)

also, The Squirrel and the Fox - Kids or Babies (well, she's called Hula Kiddo and I think would be great for a young lady)

When Len saw this card he said 'D'you know, that's just how you kick off your flip flops on the beach. I always feel the need to tidy them, mainly so I don't trip over them'.

Grin, this could be one to add to the 'soaping the shower tray' trick :))

Have a nice day!

Di
x

17 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Di! Love that image and those flip flops are just to cute. My Dad always wore ’aloha shirts’ and my favorite had blue hibiscus exactly like in your background paper.
    Love & Hugs
    Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute image Di and those little flip flops are so sweet....but dangerous maybe? :-)
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a devil :)

    Lovely card, the colours are very summery and just what is required at the min! I think the flip flops are super cute but not sure Len will agree when he's face down eating sand!

    Have a lovely Monday Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely mix and match of colour and theme. Very summery to brighten up a wet British day. We have hibiscus in bright red, yellow and pink, and almost a lilac, so why not blue?
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aren't these just the perfect papers to say 'aloha' with?! I love those little flip flops!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, Summer in a card . . .fantastic! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card there Di and Aloha to you too. I do so wish we had the weather to match.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very summery card - shame we've not got the weather to match. Just popping by, still alive, but covered in bruises! Have fun with the flip flops! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute is this card Di and the image is such a cutie!:)x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aloha to you too. Great little flippie flops but I think they should be banned for elf and safety reasons in the playground especially round the duck pond. Hugs Mrs A.
    p.s. happy bunny cos me parcel turned up this morning. Now just gotta wait for The craft Barn and The Stamp Man.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Di, what a fabulous image and goes so well with the papers, I can see what you mean about the hips, Brilliant card.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute card and love those little flip flops

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Di, you have been busy while I've been out of sorts, but it's a pleasure to catch up - this card is too cute, great image and those flip flops are to die for :)) Everything matches perfectly, including that gorgeous flower. Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a summery fun card, the image is adorable and beautifully coloured!
    Thank you for joining us at Opus Gluei :-)
    Gini
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. She's adorable. I love her little wiggly hips. Perfect for our OPUS GLUEI challenge. Thank you so much for playing along with us.

    ReplyDelete
  16. We ARE fun at Opus Gluei, and I hope that we have convinced you not only to play with us this time but to also come back for more themes!

    This is really so sweet; I am loving the fun feel of this and all the bright colors (and yes, she does look like she's really in motion) - I want to go to the beach now!!!! WAAAAHHHH!!!

    Thanks for finding us at Opus Gluei and sharing your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  17. really great colouring of this image...so glad you could join us this week! Thanks for showing us Gluei Girls where you get your suntan!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.