Tuesday 3 July 2012

Dance like no one's watching

My teenage friend Abi had a birthday yesterday. She's a super ice skater, and is passionate about it too, so the image for this card was a 'no brainer' really:

We have some real colour issues with the photo though, the purples are really rich (almost Royal Purple) in real life. Mind you, it was such a dull day yesterday (raining cats and dogs too) I guess it's not surprising :( 

Hope you had a brilliant day Abi!

I used:

- A5 white card stock

- image downloaded for free from the internet, it's a Bratz image and I found it at Colouring Planet, then coloured with Pro Markers and a silver pen. Abi has a great piccie of her skating on her Facebook profile so I printed that off and tried to copy her purple costume colours, the sparkly bits and long blonde hair as best I could :)

- backing card came from the snippets folder and the backing paper is from a Papermania 8" x 8" 'Rich Purple' pack

- ribbon from the ribbon box

- sentiment by Stamping Bella, ink pad used is SU's 'Perfect Plum' and also I used SU's oval punches (love these!)

- flowers were die cut using Joy! dies and snippets, the white layers were coloured with a water based pen giving a little stripe before being removed from the dies (a tip from Jules I think) and then card candi was added for the centres

This month's challenge over at St Luke's Charity Cards Challenge is 'Teenage Kicks' so I'm entering this card as it sums up so well at least one teenager I know :)

I had almost the whole day yesterday without IT access - ironed like crazy, even next door's cat is standing to attention without a single crease in its fur :)

A Tuesday Tale will follow - once I have my 'thinking head' on.

Di
x

17 comments:

  1. Great card Di I love the image and I love purple. I'm sure your friend will love it!

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Purple is always a problem to photograph. Never looks anything on blogger for some reason. Wimpey is still attached to my leg at the moment.Iv'e tried telling him it was a problem with the batteries in his feeder bowl but he still thinks I put him on a diet. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Di, love the purple, reminds me of the chocolate lol. Fab image off to search the web now as they are perfect. Ironing well you should have said I have loads you could have done and I would have paid you in internet time too. Hugs, Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Di
    Gorgeous card ..... Great for a teen.....
    Thanks for joining us at at St. Lukes this month......
    Hugs sylvie
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never mind photograph, I think purple is so hard to use... it doesn't coordinate with anything much!
    Perfect card for Abi! Hope she had a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Di . . . terrific teenage card. Perfect for Abi by the sounds of things.

    Glad to have you back online.

    I have those papers so I know what colour that purple is . . . have no fear!

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Di. Ive always loved purple and even had a dark purple bedroom as a teenager!
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Di, The image and colour is gorgeous she will just love it and the flowers and ribbon just finish it of perfectly:)x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card Di and love the image...thank you for joining in our challenge over at St Lukes

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really sweet card and how great to find an image that you know someone will love, as I am sure she did.
    Love the purple.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty card there Di. I think we are all suffering from the weather. We need some sun and soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card - the image is fab and you've done a great job of colouring it in ... good idea to use the photo as reference. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card Di, I love the rich looking backing paper and fab image.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great image Di and that DP is very opulant. Thanks for joining us at St Lukes this month.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great hobby to put on a teenagers card, love that you've personalised it :0)
    We appreciate your continued support at St Luke's :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  16. You can't go wrong with purple and ice-skating! I think this is a super card. Thanks for playing along with St Luke's Charity Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Di

    Thanks for playing along with St Luke's Charity Card Challenge again. Love your purple ice-skater - is she doing the Bolero ;-)
    Tara
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.