Tuesday 7 March 2017

Cuttlebug Mania Challenge - 'Sketch - with green(s)'

It's time for a new challenge over at Cuttlebug Mania and this fortnight's theme is a sketch - with green(s).

Details of our sponsor/the prize to be won can be found over on the Cuttlebug Mania Challenge blog.

You do have to use a manual die cutting/embossing machine for Cuttlebug Mania entries (it doesn't need to be a Cuttlebug but it must be manual, not electronic). And, you can't mix the two, it must be all manual please. Then make your entry, link into the challenge, link to the challenge in your own blog post and and make sure that you also say what products you used for any die cutting/embossing.

And here's the sketch:
I flipped the sketch onto its side for my DT card:
I used:

- 4" x 6" white card blank, tent style

- slightly smaller panel of green card from the snippets folder, SU's 'Wild Wasabi' glued onto the card front

- next I die cut the lattice work panel using a Memory Box 'Piestra Tile' die and white card stock then trimmed it to just slightly smaller than the green panel

- before going any further I stamped the sentiment using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink and a sentiment from a Paper Smooches set called 'Sentiment Sampler'

- glued the white panel onto the card front

- used some really neglected Spellbinder Shapeabilities 'Rose Creations' dies to cut three flower heads from three different snippets of yellowish card

- slightly rounded the petals using a large ball ended tool and a foam mat

- stuck the flowers in place using little pieces of thin sticky pad in the centre of each one

- added a black glossy embellishment to the centre of each flower to finish off, and they remind me of Black Eyed Susans!

Hope you can join in with Cuttlebug Mania - the sketch does lend itself to using up a few snippets.






22 comments:

  1. Gorgeous spring like card xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous card Di, I love your take on the sketch.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely and fresh. That latticework at the bottom over the green background is gorgeous
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is SUCH a lovely card Di. Love the colours you used - very Spring-like. Pretty die cuts too. Love everything about it.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the lattice work. Very pretty Di :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never thought to use the Rose creations die as seperate flowers but yours do look very much like Black eyed Susan's. Clever you. Hugs Me. Hospital day today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great interpretation of the sketch, love your use of the flowers and the fab lattice diecut for the panel!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous, brilliant take on the sketch! I love the way you flipped it and those flowers look so pretty with the diecut border!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that tile background with the green showing through Di and the three pretty flowers over the top with their black centres which tie in with the black sentiment. A beautiful card. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful card and I love how you lay the sketch on its side.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous l love the layout too! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so pretty! I love the lattice piece over the fab green card and the flowers are gorgeous! I really like the sentiment font - it's really cool! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card. I love the die, Di :)
    Hugs,
    Em xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty card. I think I might have that flower die, I will have to check! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely CAS card, Di. I love this tile die, it's one of my favourites. xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really like that lattice die. Such a lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your attie die looks wonderful with this card. Think I may have that die...should have a peek through my mountain of flower jars...good way to use some of my stash up!!!
    You have made a pretty card...really like the sentiment and the font.

    ReplyDelete
  18. A very pretty spring card and I love the lattice panel. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great take on the sketch, Di, I love how you made the broad strip with a lattice die! So inventive!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this card Di! A great take on the sketch too!! Love that lattice die cut out, so pretty and give this card such style. Your flowers are to cute too and I love that you made them look like Black Eyed Susan daisies, love them and that's probably why I'm in love with this card! lol Hugs Brenda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.