Running in at the last minute for March's Rudolph Days over at ScrappyMo's - huff, puff!
I've long admired a particular set of MFT Christmas stamps and matching dies - and finally succumbed to temptation. This is their first outing:
- 4.25" x 5.5" black card blank, tent style
- layer of red card stock, slightly smaller than the card front, glued in place
- piece of white card stock, embossed using SU's 'Elegant Dots' folder, trimmed down, bottom corners curved using We Are Memory Keepers 'corner chomper' and glued in place
- the flags were die cut using MFT's 'Stitched Fishtail Flag STAX' dies and snippets of black, red and white card
- stamped the dancing Santa using a stamp from MFT's 'Jingle All the Way' set of stamps and coloured it using Pro markers, clear Wink of Stella on the hat trimmings and Signo silver on Santa's belt buckle
- die cut the Santa using a matching die and set him aside
- at this point I could be sure of the length needed for the layer of flags so I then trimmed them across what would be the tops
- stamped the cheeky greeting onto the white layer using a stamp from the same set and Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink
- glued the layers of flags together and then glued them to the front of the card
- finally, popped Santa onto the strip of flags using thin sticky pads - after adding the layers of flags I already knew it was thick enough to be a Large letter anyhow, plus the extra dimension seems to make Santa 'pop' a bit
My card (in fact I made four identical ones!) is a CASE of a card made by Julie Dinn of the MFT Design Team, back in November 2014. I had no idea the stamps had been around that long to be honest - as usual, I'm late to the party! Julie's blog is so worth looking at by the way - one very talented lady!