Sunday 26 March 2017

Pixie's Snippets Playground - Week 271 and 272 - results

It's halfway (once again) through the fortnightly challenge in the Snippets Playground and time for our Guest Designer, some 'picks' of the fortnight and the prize draw.

First of all, our Guest Designer is one of the sweetest ladies in Blogland - let's hear it for Brenda of 'Friends Craftin' with Friends'! Yay - cue Parsnip blowing a toy sized trumpet! But, he put his little heart and white fur into it, so do not mock. And this is the fabulous snippets card Brenda made to share with you:
Front of card, looking out of the window into the rain
Inside of the card front, looking into the window from outside
And the sweet little girl, sheltering from the storm
I totally adore this card - what a clever thought to decorate the inside of the window like that (imagine lining it up for starters?!) and of course opposite on the inside is the little girl in the rain. A card that would bring delight to anyone feeling a bit under the weather!

This is how Brenda made the card, but I'm sure you'll hop over to her blog HERE to comment:

Everything is a snippet but the card base. I layered my snippets onto my card base and then cut out my window (hope it looks like the inside of a room!), curtains and flower pots. Using some ink, I inked a small section on the inside of my card for the sky (hard to see in the photo). Let it dry and then stamped my scene. Colored everything with my Zig Clean Color Pens. Since my window shows through to the inside of the card, I took another snippet and embossed it with a brick pattern after cutting out my window again. I stamped my sentiments on the outside and inside and that is it. 

And here's a lovely photo of Brenda - LOVE the background stars as well - so fitting for a real star of a lady:
Can't you just imagine sharing a good giggle with Brenda over coffee and cookies (or tea and cake as we would say here in England). I can for sure.

It's especially heartening to have Brenda easing back into the swing of making her beautiful cards, after the passing of her much loved husband Dwayne in October 2015. I needed to check back though Brenda's blog for the actual date and ended up sitting here in tears. You can almost touch the love that shines through every post about Dwayne - very powerful indeed. Brenda has an amazing family, and I know many of you/us are very supportive friends as well, and this has been a huge comfort to her.

Back to card making, Brenda has been crafting since she was very young (like lots of us I expect - we learned to play with paper and glue as kids didn't we) and she took up scrap booking in the 90's. Then Brenda began blogging back in 2011 and went from strength to strength. Her style is quite varied but also distinctively hers at the same time - with an air of freshness coming through. She's always brave enough to try something new and thinking back, Brenda was one of the first crafters I spotted using Zig Brush Water colours!

And here's a real cutie to round off this little pen portrait - say 'Hello' to Savannah, Brenda's beautiful German/Blue Shepherd lady dog (bitch sounds so not right!):
She's more grown up now but I just love this cute and cuddly photo of her! A much loved pooch - with the most impressive ears in the US of A - but she already grew into them I suspect.

I'd love a dog but until my back settles down (if it ever does) just have to drool over ones we meet when out and about. Ha, of course, perhaps we could go for a Great Dane and get yours truly a saddle? Gee up there!

Thank you Brenda for making such a stunning snippets card and for being our Guest Designer this fortnight! Mwah! xx

Remember girls, you can always let me know if you would like to be a Guest Designer - I have a list and would be delighted to add your name.

So, let's move onto my picks from this past fortnight:

Carol L hopped in to share this beautiful New Baby card with us. I just love the clever use of the white and pale pink snippets! I think so many of us know just how useful snippets can be for die cutting - and also a great idea to use up white ones combined with one other colour too. Very pretty card.

Janice made this CAS and 'oh so clever' card - once again, a card showing really great use of a couple of colours of snippets. I've used the Memory Box 'Crisp Bow' die to make similar parcels as card toppers - but how cool to use the same deep sea colour as a frame on the card for the parcel, and then emboss it! Great idea Janice :)

Lily Sprite
My final pick of the week is this fabulous card, made by Susan (Eden Land). It's a stunning card to begin with and the Prairie Lily Fairy is so beautifully coloured. It's also a perfect reminder that snippets don't just have to be card or paper. Susan used a wide variety of materials to add texture (eg. different types of paper, burlap and cord). Love it!

That's my three picks and once again I focused very much on some interesting ways to use snippets - which might inspire you.

We had 74 Playmates joining in this past fortnight - with three new little friends joining us:
Heather's daughter Arianna - aged 8!!
Carol G (NZ)
2Craft Everyday
Welcome girls! Hope you came back and play with us again :)

Prize draw time now and our winner of the cat stamp set, made by Paper Xtra and kindly donated by Megan - plus a MFT 'Rectangle Peek-a-boo Window' die from me is:


Well done Dorothy! I had this 'ping' go off in my brain when your name came out and sure enough, when I checked your comment, your grand daughters love cats :) That came as a huge relief to me - sometimes I do wonder about my memory here! Can you please drop me an email with your address in and I'll post your prize off as soon as possible! My email address is on the right hand side bar.

Dorothy lives in the USA so that means a trip to our nearest all-singing-all-dancing village store cum post office. Not that I mind tootling out and about one bit - I would love to live closer - with a dog to take for a walk, are your reading this LEN?!?! Thought not, sigh :( About the revamp - to be fair, and Kate touched on this, the new look store is growing on me - and there are some amazing branded bargains to be had as well, if you have the time to have a good old nosy around!  

Anyway, keep those snippets entries coming girls, you still have a week left to play HERE remember!

See you on the swings! And, if you live in the UK - remember that the clocks flip forward an hour at 2am on Sunday morning. Spring Forward, Fall Backward :) Drat, we lose an hours sleep :(

And finally, it's the March Rudolph Days Challenge over at ScrappyMo's - you have until the end of the month to join in, as usual. It's anything goes so long as it's Christmas, as always, so there's plenty of scope and it's a great way to get ahead with some cards to alleviate the 'end of the year panic'.

Love from the little white peril - and of course from me too






24 comments:

  1. Very clever card by Brenda. What a brilliant idea to decorate both sides of the window! Great picks again this fortnight, great use of snipppets. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely to see my sweet "adopted" niece as your guest designer, Di! She really is the kindest person and her inside-outside card just takes my breath away! It's like getting THREE cards in one compared to the ones I make! Congratulations to the well-deserved featured artists and to Dorothy! I'm glad the new store layout is growing on you. I hope to be over later in the week and I'd like to check it out with you before a go at the merry-go-round. It's so nice to be able to go on the playground equipment again without fear of embarrassing wet knickers!! Snort! Hugs, Darnell xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Miss Di & ParSnip, a wonderful snippety make from Brenda, and a gorgeous collection of cards from last fortnight and new classmates too. Glad to hear the prize is off to a happy home, have a wonderful week... Megan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous snippet makes xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brenda's card is amazing. So much detail you could look at it for ages.

    Great picks too & congrats to Dorothy on her win xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This week's snippet card is brilliant and a clever idea. As for the dog - she is beautiful. I'm hoping to get a snippets card sneaked in this week but am having computer problems at present and can't access my pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another great showcase Di and l just love Brenda's card so talented is that lady! many congratulations Dorothy enjoy your win and happy mothers day all mothers enjoy your day Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Brenda's card are really amazing and so clever!! How many details on it and such accurate work!! Great idea and sentiment!
    Sweet cute puppy, love it!
    Fab pics of the weeks too, and congrats to the winner!

    ReplyDelete
  9. An amazing card from Brenda, I love all of the detail that she's put into it. Great picks too and congrats to Megan.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely cards from everyone Well done Dorothy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow - Brenda's card is so detailed...love the attention to detail!
    Fabulous picks too!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Miss Di and the lovely Parsnip.
    Congrats to Brenda on her GD spot.
    Her card is so wonderful and what a very superb design.
    Congrats to the people picked for their wonderful and innovative snippets creations.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww Di, you are just to sweet! Thank you for letting me guest design, I enjoyed it very much!!! Savannah is indeed grown into those ears. lol And yes, Dwayne was my whole world, thus why it is taking me long to get my feet back under me again. What amazing picks!! And a big congrats to Dorothy!!! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Di, what a lovely card GD card from Brenda, so many gorgeous details to look at, it's fab. Well done to all the pics and the winner. Now I have the best way of having a dog without owning one...our son's dog Bear! He is at my feet at the moment as he came to stay for the weekend whilst his Mummy and Daddy went to Wales. It's the best of both worlds...at bit like a child you give back...LOLOL. You should see if you have any local friends who need occasion dog minding? I hope you enjoyed this wonderful sunny weekend, what bliss eh. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card from Brenda and some brilliant cards for the picks.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderful profile of Brenda you've shared here today! I must agree with everyone else on just how genuinely nice she is and I'm glad to have met her, even if only online. Her card is fabulous both inside and outside! Thanks also for showcasing my baby card! I'm truly honored to see my creation under the spotlight :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. A beautifully designed card from Brenda and wonderful picks too Di, also congratulations to the winner Dorothy. x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Brenda's card is so cleverly designed, and it makes wonderful use of the one panel on the card I typically totally ignore. Thanks for the inspiration from Brenda and all these gorgeous picks.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Brilliant card by dear sweet Brenda, came via her blog as get her posts, beeen praying for her a good while now. And wow how clever is it as well as beautiful...heard dear Parsnips trumpet the way overnight here!!,

    I'm supposed to be asleep here, Miss, sigh... we gain an hour in two eeeks so maybe then I'll stop being sooo tired 😉 Lovely makes but the playground folks too.. what clever vergemites there are out there.
    Am not sure I'll make it to Mos hope so, maybe last minute like. Snowed under till Thursday.
    Thanks for sharing, Miss!
    Shaz in Oz.x

    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a super card from Brenda and I love the design with the inside decorated. Fabulous picks too and congrats to Dorothy. Big hi and wave to the new playmates xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a lovely card by Brenda! I am totally in love with Savannah - what a total sweetie and lovely to see her having grown into her ears on Brenda's blog :-) Gorgeous picks and congrats to Dorothy! April xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. A little bit late this week to your party Di.....sorry :-(
    Fantastic card from Brenda, such a clever design! Thank you for choosing my card as one of your picks this week, I feel very honoured :-) The others are great too. Congratulations to Dorothy on her prize.
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you for choosing my card! Busy times for us right now - this is a fun way to start the day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.