Sunday 12 March 2017

Pixie's Snippets Playground - Week 269 and 270 - results

It's halfway (once again) through the fortnightly challenge in the Snippets Playground and time for our Guest Designer, some 'picks' of the fortnight and the prize draw.

First of all, our Guest Designer is a lady who frequently makes me laugh, besides being very talented - it's April of Paper Lily Leaf:
Isn't this a darling Easter card? And, April used the fabulous sunburst technique that is so perfect for using up snippets of both plain and patterned paper.

April sent me the following details about how she made the card:

"My Easter card uses snippets from a Designer Series Paper Stack called Serene Scenery. I combined the sunburst design with Bermuda Bay and Daffodil Delight cardstock. The cute little chick can be found in the Little Cuties stamp set. He was stamped in Delightful Dijon and then coloured in with SU watercolour pencils. To add a bit of bling I have included a snippet of Bermuda Bay Glimmer Paper and a couple of sequins. I hope you like it – I think he looks a cheeky little chap!"

For loads more information (as well as a link to a site showing how to do this brilliant technique) do hop over to April's blog. A comment to say you called, as well perhaps joining April's followers, would be great as well girls - pretty please from Parsnip :)

April's a huge fan of Stampin' Up as well as being a Demo for them and I've found plenty of inspiration over on her blog. Bless, she was too shy to let me have a photo of herself - but here's a great photo from her blog - taken after a certain cat named Spot had been doing acrobatics from the curtains:)
It's as if he's saying 'Who, me?' and, according to April, with not a shred of remorse - just the sense of a job well done! Snigger.

It's just over four years since April began her blog and she's quite canny about sticking to crafting posts so it's quite hard to dig around and expand much on the basic stuff I know about her. One incident, which totally cracked me up at the time was when April managed to step onto some gold embossing paste and then trot around the bathroom and up and down stairs leaving nice little 'splots' from the sole of her slipper. Sound just like a trick I'd pull to be honest!

Thank you April for being such a sport and agreeing to be Guest Designer this time round!

Remember girls, you can always let me know if you would like to be a Guest Designer - I have a list and would be delighted to add your name.

So, let's move onto my picks from this past fortnight and first we have a Gold Star pick!

I chose this card, made by Chantal, as it's a perfect reminder of how a selection of smallish snippets can be used to made a truly fabulous bouquet of flowers and foliage. As Darnell commented, it's beautiful enough to be framed. Just take a look through your 'flora' dies girls and I bet you'll be amazed at what you can produce just by some clever combining of dies and snippets.

I hope you'll take the 'Gold Star Badge' from the sidebar Chantal - to display on your own blog.

And, here are two more picks, it gets more difficult to choose as I keep saying:
I chose this card, made by Kate, for all the fabulous paper piecing. Brilliant way to use up snippets and what I especially loved - apart from the wonderful design of course - is that Kate actually stamped each segment of the butterfly's wings onto different coloured snippets of paper. What a labour of love - and what a result!

This card was brought to share by Liz and I've picked it partly because the design is just lovely - but also as a 'heads up' (in my humble opinion at least) to what is a great alternative to using, and shelling out quite a bit of money on, the Memory Box 'Grand' message dies such as this one I use quite often:
Can you see the similarities with the actual sentiment? I'm certainly not suggesting that the Memory Box 'Grand' message dies aren't absolutely fabulous, I have a few of them myself - just pointing out that you can achieve some very similar 'positive and negative' effects by using 'normal' word dies imaginatively.

That's my three picks and once again I focused very much on ingenious ways to use snippets - which might inspire you.

We had 75 Playmates joining in this past fortnight (squeal!) - with three new little friends joining us:
Sindhu
Dawn
Dorothy S
Welcome girls! Hope you came back and play with us again :)

Prize draw time now and our winner of the MFT 'Wildflowers' two- piece die set and Darice 'Picket Fence' embossing folder kindly donated by Darnell - plus a Darice embossing folder called 'Clouds' from me:
Well done Kath! Can you please drop me an email with your address in and I'll post your prize off as soon as possible! My email address is on the right hand side bar.

Our local village shop/tiny Post Office is open again so I should be quicker posting this prize. It's quite sad in lots of ways though as I popped in there during the week just gone and now that the premises have been extended and refurbished it's lost all the quaintness I loved it for. Sure it's very smart, open, amazingly spacious, bright, huge variety of stock and so on - but the heart and soul has been ripped out with all the old fittings. I think it had to be done of course to keep up with the times (and probably 'Elf an' Safety as well)  but I'm an old fashioned gal at heart, sigh :(

Anyway, keep those snippets entries coming girls, you still have a week left to play HERE remember!

See you on the swings! The weather has perked up a bit and Thursday in particular was glorious in the Playground - coats were thrown off and sunglasses were donned. Mind you, I still haven't seen anyone wandering round in shorts and skimpy tops - yet! We're fully expecting Spike the hedgehog and family to put in an appearance any time now!

Love from the little white peril, who is extra happy that April is Guest Designer this week ( I suspect something might be going on between those two!) - and of course from me too





28 comments:

  1. Congratulations to April on her Guest Designer spot. I love her card, a super design and so bright and cheery. Really pleased that April has put a link to the instructions on her blog as I want to try this technique.

    Thank you for choosing my card as one of your fortnightly picks. Great paper piecing card by Kate. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely variety of cards with snippets! I will have to be giving these blogs a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. April's card and your picks are all brilliant designs for using snippets, Di! I always come away inspired!! I'm looking forward to seeing pics of Spike and fam as soon as possible!! And I am sorry that they had to go and ruin all the character of the old PO. It's a dead shame. Lots of hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to all!
    Valerija xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a deserving Gold Star winner--gorgeous! All wonderful picks, Di & such a great Easter card by April!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning Di.What a lovely DT card from April..so cute. A worthy gold star winner too...fabulous snippage useage. Great picks as always. I know what you mean about your old PO Di....I'm old fashioned like you but I suppose things have to move on! Have a great week ahead. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello to April and her very naughty kitty :-) LoL
    Lovely selection of cards here Di xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the gold star winner :-)I put the badge on my blog.
    Hugs, Chantal S

    ReplyDelete
  9. What wonderful picks, well done to Chantal for a very well deserved gold star. Welcome to April. I love the gorgeous sunburst card buy even more I love the cat photo - you can just see from his face that he's angry with the curtains for not staying in place! It's not his fault at all...
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great choices Di! I did laugh at the naughty kitty pic ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Off to visit the guest designer - lovely cheery card for a dull morning. At least if the Post Office have spent money on your local shop/PO it must be safe from closure even if it isn't as quaint as it was. Had to smile at the cat photo - I came home once to find a similar scenario!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great picks Miss and Chantal's entry is certainly worthy of a Gold Star.

    Waving hello to the newbies.

    Off to play on the swings . . . . xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super picks this week Di, and Chantal's card is most certainly a gold star winner!
    Congratulations to Kath B too :-)
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Many congratulations to you all and again what an amazing pick well deserved showcase and congrats Kath B enjoy your win xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much to you and Mr Random for picking me as this week's winner! Lovely picks this week too - Chantal's card is amazing!
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  16. April's Guest Designer card is fabulous and Chantal's gold star card is so cool! Loving the picks too and congratulations to Kath B on her win. Hoping to come and play sometime this week! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful picks this time Di and shows how inventive snippety makes can be, and congratulations to Kath B for winning that great prize. x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous and very inspiring picks, congratulations to Kath.

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful cards from April and the picks. I'm sorry to hear about you post office, at least you still have and it didn't just close down. We've gone from 5 to 3 in our town and one more is in danger. I won't be donning shorts (probably ever) but I did take my coat off one day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you Di for having me and thank you lovely play-grounders for all your kind comments. In response to the cats who have asked how you pull a curtain down, Spot replies that he just dangles off it and that does the trick. He is the weight of a dog though and that really helps. His sister just likes to break things - this week, a casserole dish that I think my husband had had since the 1980s :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations to April on being Guest Designer this time. Well done to the winner and your top picks. Great work as always and huge Congratulations for getting a Gold Star to Chantel for her beautiful snippets bouquet. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats to April on her GD, he card is so sweet and fun and her cat made me smile! :D Congrats to the winner, too, and to all the top picks! Fabulous works!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for the 'thumbs up' for my accidental paper-pieced card.
    You are lucky to have a local Post office these days. So many seem to be closing making folk travel too far to cash their pension or post a card. I know what you mean about the atmosphere in the quaint, old places, but sometimes the 'new look' is for the better in the end.
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats to April on her GD spot and with such a super snippets card - I keep meaning to try that sunburst technique. Fabulous picks and well done Chantal on her gold star, Hi to the new playmates and not forgetting congrats to Kath on her win xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fabulous card from the GD, always wanted to try that sun effect type of card.
    Some really lovely picks, especially the Gold star one.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful, inspiring cards, ladies!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh my goodness, oh my goodness ... I just saw this today ... how did I miss it? good golly ... thank you bunches!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congratulations to Kath, I know she's going to put those prizes to excellent use. So many inspiring highlights here....gotta go check some of them out! TFS Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.