It's a great theme over at Less is more this week - 'Use A Frame'.
Had a thought right away about a card design and this was the result:
- 4.25" x 5.5" white card blank, tent style
- then I die cut two matching sets of frames using Impression Obsession's 'Rectangle 6 in 1 Frames' and white card stock
- rootled through my collection of Penny Black Stickeroos until I found one that fitted nicely inside the frame I had in mind
- glued the two matching frames together, back to back, for dimension
- stuck the chosen Stickeroo (from the 'Language of Flowers' sheet) onto a snippet of white card and trimmed it to just a teensy bit smaller than the outer edge of the frame
- glued the frame on top of the Stickeroo flower image
- then, before adding the image to the card, I used the Misti to line up the image and a sentiment as I wanted them
- stamped the sentiment using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink and a stamp from the Hero Arts 'Love Life' sentiments set. This is the replacement set for the one I was whining over the other week when a favourite sentiment went kaput - took a lot of tracking down but worth all the searching!
- finally, glued the framed image onto the card front and called it done
I do love the set of frames you get from this die, and it's really worth the effort of cutting a second for added dimension too.