Friday 24 March 2017

Less is More #320 - Washi tape

The current challenge over at Less is More (#320) is 'Washi Tape'.

The DT and many of the entries have really used some inventive and ingenious ways to use Washi tape. But, I went for a very simple and easy design, relying on the lovely vibrant colours and a NBUS flowing script sentiment to add that 'certain something':
I used:

- 4.25" x 5.5" white card blank, tent style

- piece of white card for a front panel, trimmed slightly smaller than the card front

- the sentiment was stamped using the Misti, Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink and a single sentiment stamp from a NBUS Penny Black sentiments stamps set called ''special thoughts'

- then I just tore the ends on three rolls of washi tape so that they were roughly angled upwards from left to right - leaving the intact tape on the roll

- used a couple of the torn off scraps of washi tape to temporarily fix the sentiment panel onto my glass cutting mat - making sure the grid lines on the glass mat were even on either side
 
- then added three strips of washi tape as shown on the card - using the grid lines was a great help in keeping the gaps as straight and even as possible (to me they look a bit on the wonk in the photo though)

- folded the top ends of the washi tape over the card panel and then added it to the card front using a sandwich of white fun foam

I preferred folding the washi tape over the top of the card, rather than trimming it level - it just looks more 'finished' IMHO, that's why I used a separate panel for the design.

Love the NBUS Penny Black sentiments stamps set - some lovely swirly script fonts in there.





21 comments:

  1. Super CAS card, Di. Love the bright washi tape, great idea to fold over a separate card panel..... now why didn't I think of doing that on my LIM card?! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz! It took me a while to think of this one as well! Duh. xx

      Delete
  2. beautiful card ! i love the scripty sentiment, its so pretty :)
    hugs
    preeti

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is gorgeous washi tape and a great colour combo - super card
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so CAS & colourful

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a brilliant idea! I never use washitape, because I never have got inspiration...
    Lia xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not a huge fan of washi tape myself but you've done a great job here - loving the sentiment. Good tip about folding the ends over the card

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty, Di! What gorgeous colours and patterns - such a fresh and spring-like design. Love it! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have loads of washi tape (a gift from someone a few Christmas's ago) and I've not used one of them yet. I love what you've done with your card and the colours you've used.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This may be a way to use the washi tape I have on hand, because it's a perfectly CAS birthday card! I love the colors and beautiful fonts on the sentiment! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a very pretty card and I love the colours of washi tape Di, and the sentiment has a great font too. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay, I'm getting my notifications once again!!! Love the way you used your washi tape Di and I always think simple is stunning. Your sentiment finishes this card off perfectly. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do like a CAS card. I always think they'll never turn out good and yours looks pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bright, sassy, sizzling fun Di! Superbly CAS and a great showcase of your washi tape. Thanks for playing along with us at Less is More this week. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautifully CAS and colourful.
    (you will LOVE the Carole Matthews book!)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You can never go wrong with a simple design. Love it! Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wonder why they call it Washi tape, it always makes me think of Alladin. Great use of the tape and the colours remind me of Flower Power, not that you'd remember that era, far too young.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  17. A pretty CAS card Di. I should use my washi tape more often. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous CAS card - love the vibrant colours of the Washi tape and the fabulous sentiment! Hugs, Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.