Here's my snippets cards for this week - really quick and easy, as well as great for using up decent sized snippets. Once I've cut into a sheet of card or paper, the remainder is usually popped into the snippets folder - which probably explains why it's about to burst at the seams, ha, ha:
- 7" x 7" square white card blank
- a piece of orange card stock from the snippets folder (SU's 'Tangelo Twist'), cut to 6" square and glued onto the card front
- a piece of SU's 'Hello Honey' card stock, also from the snippets folder, embossed using the folder from the All-occasion 'That Folder' embossing folder and stamp set (more about this set below)
- cut a half inch wide strip of the 'Tangelo Twist' card and stuck it across the lower part of the embossed panel. I used red line tape rather than glue just to be sure I didn't get any ridges from the embossing underneath and as always I left an overlap at either end and just trimmed it flush to the edges from behind with scissors
- glued the two panels to the card front using Collall All Purpose Glue
- using the Misti I stamped the sentiment (it's one of the two in the set) onto a snippet of white card using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink and punched it out using SU's Extra-Large Oval punch
- glued the sentiment oval onto the orange strip and called it done
I was tempted to add some pretty flowers across the wavy dotted area but, for speed, decided to leave well alone. I first saw a card using this folder 'in real life' when Janice sent me a lovely card where she added flowers and diamantes across the wavy area and it's so pretty. I know I'd also spotted it being used elsewhere around blogland as well (turns out it was one of those craft items that took the craft world by storm - while I was probably sleeping). Of course, you can trim the embossed area down to fit smaller cards as well :)
Here's the weekly 'peek at the picks':
Well, for wanting to scamper through with three or so picks, I still ended up with seven - and could have kept on going! So many wonderful makes and inspiration from everyone who came to play - do try to visit one another as there's a lot of very clever stuff to be found.
We had one new Playmate this week:
And the winners (yes, at last, a split prize!!) are:
I then ran the Random Number Generator again, and out popped someone who was just playing for stamps A and B:
Can I please remind winners that now they have to drop me an email to claim their prize - as well as including their current address. My email addy is on the right hand sidebar as usual!
This coming week's prize is, of course, the All-occasion 'That Folder'. Thought it was time for a change from stamps and dies - and yes, there are three there to be won!:
Anyhow, there was a limit of four per person - so I ordered four - one for me and three for the Playground. It went out of stock for a while but is now available again - drop me an email if you want to know where.
I just Googled it and there are tons of Pinterest boards dedicated totally to cards using the set! It looks gorgeous with flowers in the top or bottom panel as well. And both the sentiments are wonderful to use with or without the embossing folder of course. So, there are three chances to win one of the sets if you feel so inclined :)
The Snippets Challenge will run for one week and the Playground gates will close at 11am UK time on Saturday 27th August. The gates will open again at midnight UK time on the same day.
A maximum of ONE entry and please say in a comment if you wish to play and be a possible winner of a prize. Please also link back to the Playground in your blog post to be eligible for the draw.
Mr Linky is below - please let me know if you have any problems linking, it's easy for me to sort out so don't struggle on alone :)
A couple of challenges to watch out for in the coming week:
Rudolph Day over at ScrappyMo's, which runs from 25th August to the end of the month.
Darnell's NBUS challenge, in which you use something Never Been USed before - hangs head in shame here as I could enter this umpteen times over and still have loads of unused goodies! It runs from 27th August to 5th September.
Have a great week! Big hug from Parsnip, and of course me.