I'd run out of cards to enclose with Playground prizes, so whipped up half a dozen of these the other day. Three different colours, two of each (peach, blue and pink):
- 4.25" x 5.5" white card blank, tent style
- layer of white card, die cut using a die from the Lil'Inkers 'Stitched Rectangles' set and glued in place
- the image was stamped using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink and a small Altenew stamp from the set called 'You Make Me Happy'
- stamped the sentiment using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink and a stamp from Technique Tuesday's set called 'Stems'
- then coloured the flower using Pro markers, adding a little grey at the bottom to 'ground' the flower
- little touch of Signo 'Sparkling Gold' on the stamens
- die cut the image using a smaller die from the Lil'Inkers 'Stitched Rectangles' set and mounted it onto a matching snippet of card as a little frame
- glued the image panel to the card front
I do love Altenew stamps and some of the small, single flower sets (they come with a couple of sentiments) are very reasonable to buy, ideal if you're making up an order to an amount which will give free postage :) Good excuse huh?
I used the Misti to do the stamping as I had a little run of six to make. Ahem, the Altenew flower stamp is just marginally thicker than the sentiment stamp I used. I did sort of wonder about it before starting off as the sentiment is by a different manufacturer - so I did a test on a scrap of paper first and just got a slightest 'kiss' of ink from the sentiment.
But, as both stamps were so perfectly lined up with one another on the lid of the Misti I didn't fancy peeling one off and then trying to line them up separately so I carried on regardless. Leaving both stamps in place on the Misti I re-inked just the flower and then stamped all six pieces of card with flowers. Then I removed the flower stamp and was left with the sentiment, still where I'd positioned it earlier, so just replaced the pieces of card with the flower already stamped then inked up the sentiment and stamped it.