Tuesday 23 August 2016

Penny Black Stickeroos

This is my card for today:
I used:

- 6" x 6" vanilla card blank. I actually checked the colour against a tub of Vanilla ice cream in the freezer, mad or what?!

- as the image panel I wanted to use was an oblong, to add balance I punched one edge of a strip of SU's 'Wisteria Wonder' card (from the snippets folder) using Fiskars 'Wavy Leaf Edger' punch (had to remind it who I was as it's so long since it saw the light of day!)

- adhered the edge strip down the right hand side of the card front and then trimmed off the top and bottom overlap once it was in place

- another snippet of SU's 'Wisteria Wonder' card stock onto which I stuck a Penny Black Stickeroo from the 'Painted Vase' sheet of stickers before trimming it down to a 'frame'

- glued the image and frame onto the card front and then added a little butterfly from the Penny Black 'April in Paris' Stickeroo sheet of stickers - thought it matched pretty well :)

- finally I stamped the corner sentiment using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink and a stamp from Phill Martin's Scribbled Corner Sentiments 'Everyday' set

I think Mr Mojo might just be peeking round the door of the craft room :)


21 comments:

  1. Oh, this is so lovely! Fab image with these musical notes and love the butterfly and the border! Vanilla ice cream is very ispiring!(and yummy):D
    Good night, I'm going to sleep

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so so pretty Di and I love the PB Stickeroo and that lovely lilac colour mat and punched layer, and of course a cute little Stickeroo butterfly to finish. You confused me a bit Di as I was sitting there thinking who on earth is Phil Smith and I had to go look up Creative Expressions and of course it is Phil Martin. See I couldn't think of his name either..lol. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just testing😁 Oops! Changed now. x

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful card! wonderful vanilla note to it ;) - never crazy to double check on something of importance!!! This is one pretty flowerpot, or vase!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely card - such a pretty Stickeroo and I like the wavy border to balance the design.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card Di...I can see you at the freezer..LOL.Mr MOjo is alive and kicking. Keep cool today...you might need to get in the freezer as we're heading to 30c..phew! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another lovely example of a card using a PB Stickeroo Di, hppe you will link up up to this months Penny Black and More Challenge (Stickeroos are the one exception to stamping allowed).

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous. Love what you have done with the image.

    Hugs,
    Eemeli

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is a LOVELY card Di. Mr Mojo is def peeking around the door!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't beat a stickero or two from coming to the rescue. I love the purple backing and that rather super border along the side Miss. Thank you for fluttering by my challenge. HugsMrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card! Great focal point and totally cool corner greeting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant card and love the border die and the lovely Stickeroo and the great corner stamping.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  12. SOOO pretty Di! and that border is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card Di, I love the soft colours and layout. The image is so pretty.
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mr Mojo definitely back Di. This is a really pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is gorgeous,so pretty and elegant. I tested vanilla ice cream for three days last year and believe me there is no standard colour!
    Remember we allow stickeroos at the Penny Black & more challenge- this would be a perfect entry.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.