I know, with a further heatwave forecast, there I am making more Christmas cards in August! But, I wanted to enter some Christmas challenges, as well as make this card:
- A6 white card blank
- silver mirri card, trimmed to slightly smaller than the card front and glued in place
- turquoise, white and silver 'snowflakes' paper next - am sure this was a free gift with a magazine - trimmed and glued in place
- white Centura pearlescent card stock, die cut using Marianne's 'Ice Skates' die. It's really important to also emboss this die using a rubber mat so that all the details on the boots and skates show up properly - which they do in real life, I promise!
- glued the die cut in place onto the card front and added a shiny silver Josy Rose nail head in the centre of the bow
- the sentiment is by Craftwork Cards, layered onto a silver oval, punched using SU's 'Large Oval' punch then glued onto the card front
Given more time it would have been fun to add little laces and a bow to the boots, as well as silver 'blades' - next time maybe!
Made three cards practically the same whilst at it and would like to enter the following challenges:
Merry Monday 'Christmas In Summer' - I chose #120's theme of 'Skis, skates or sleds'
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge #292 - 'Anything goes'
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra for August - 'Always anything goes'
Winter Wonderland for August - 'Gold/silver and/or embossed background' - I chose silver.