Wednesday 17 August 2016

'I scream, you scream................

.......we all scream for ice cream'!

I just couldn't get that flipping line of a very old song (1920's, so well before my time!) out of my head whilst making this card:
I used:

- 4.25" x 5.5" white card blank, tent style

- covered the front of the card blank with a panel of white card which had been embossed using Cuttlebug's 'Pinking Stitch' embossing folder and trimmed to the exact size of the card

- then out came the snippets folder, snippets of biscuit, chocolate brown, cream and pink card were lined up and then die cut using a lovely little set of dies which came free with Die Cutting Essentials magazine, issue 13. Put the die cuts to one side whilst the sentiment was stamped (having checked how the end result of the dies would look to ensure the sentiment would look OK too)

- the same free gift came with some little stamps and using the Misti and Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink I stamped one of them near the bottom left corner of the card front

- then it was just a case of assembling the ice cream cone and the whirls of ice cream to look like a Neapolitan. I used a mixture of Collall All Purpose glue in a Woodware Fine Liner bottle and little slivers of thin sticky pads to make the layers sit level

A great free gift indeed! It also includes a glass sundae dish shaped die, a little cherry die and a wafer patterned embossing folder. You just turn the ice cream cone upside down and it becomes a wafer :) Such a fun set to use. Watch this space to see what I made with the other bits and pieces!

And with our current glorious weather it seems very appropriate too.

Di
x

15 comments:

  1. That's a really useful set of dies. Great CAS card, looks good enough to eat! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Di, your ice cream looks so yummy!! :D You have made a great use of that magazine's gift, the ice cream is assembled perfecly on the cone! This card is so sweet as the sentiment says, love the embossing on the edges, too, very elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Di, a great card and a wonderful set, some of the magazines are getting fabulous free gifts for us. Have a great week... Megan

    ReplyDelete
  4. How yummy that looks. :-) Great card Di and I love how the ice cream came together. Such a brilliant free gift :-D

    Hugz
    IKE xx

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super CAS card Di, the ice-cream looks so real!
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm yummy in my tummy! Me want ice cream now . . . And i haven't even had brekkie yet. Its hot & sunny tho! Great card & what a fab free gift. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love thst freebie Collection Di and the three layer ice cream cornet certainly does look good enough to eat a d tbe vrame suits it perfectly too. I can't resist these magazine gkveaways but I obviously missed this one. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your ice cream looks so reall. Yummy :)
    Valerija xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun ice cream card. You can feel how crunchy that cone would be and how creamy the ice cream is from here!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum I love Neapolitan ! N ice ly put together! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your card Di. What a great set that is. Chocolate and Strawberry are always my Thornton's choice. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This does look so sweet and yummy too.
    You have given me a wonderful idea as a friend just gave me sone diecuts of Sweet, Enjoy and others from Penny Black (I think). I was not sure what to do with the Sweet and now I know.
    Love your pretty and yummy card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great fresh looking card (I need that embossing folder). We used that die set at class last week - so useful x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great fresh looking card (I need that embossing folder). We used that die set at class last week - so useful x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.