This week's challenge over at Less is More is 'Something French' - and also one layer to boot.
For once, a NBUS stamp set came straight to mind - but could I find it?! I'd seen it recently but there was a good half hour of rummaging before I remembered one last place where it might be hiding. Sure enough, there it was! I bought the stamp set in New Mexico back in 2012 from Hobby Lobby and this is its first outing - shame on me!
So this is what I made:
- 4.25" x 5.5" white card blank, tent style
- Penny Black's 'Mimi in Paris' stamp set. First I stamped 'Mimi' using 'Tuxedo Black' ink then stamped her again onto a scrap of paper and cut around the right hand side to the outline of the image to make a mask
- stuck the mask onto the card front and then stamped the Eiffel Tower before next stamping the 'le cafe' sign
- coloured the images using Pro markers and also 'grounded the table, chair and tower with a light touch of Ice Grey Pro marker
- rounded off the bottom left hand corner
- as we know, Pro markers bleed through card stock so I just cut a slightly smaller sized panel and stuck it in place inside the card (phew - still counts as one layer, we did have this discussion a while ago I remember)
And that was it - one CAS card for Less is More.
This card is also for the Penny Black Saturday Challenge for August where the current theme is 'Favourite Technique'. In truth I have a few favourites but stamping is right up there - always!
And wow, it also qualifies for Penny Black and More for August where it's 'Anything goes with a stamp right now'. One of my favourite challenges and I don't play there often enough - I hope using more than one stamp is OK Brenda?