- 6" x 6" square white card blank
- two shades of plain yellow Core'dinations card
- patterned papers from Echo Park's 'Hello Summer' double sided paper pad, including the chevron snippet
- image from LOTV's Wild Flowers Art Pad (pre-coloured of course!), die cut with a Nesties Labels Eighteen die and an embossing tool run round the edge before removing the image from the die. The backing yellow frame was hand cut as usual
- no sentiment, I wanted the lovely sunflowers to make the statement - plus I had little space left anyhow. I love the simplicity of the flowers just individually in plain jars/bottles too
A lot of years ago I went for dinner and an overnight stay with a friend, when I first moved down to London to work. I took her a huge bunch of pink peonies as a thank you for dinner (plus a bottle of wine of course!) - a stroke of luck as they turned out to be her favourite flowers.
The next morning I saw she had popped the peonies into a very simple vase on a coffee table, against a plain wall, with nothing else on it - apart from a botanical book open at a page showing pink peonies. Such a clever idea and really striking. Some folk are just born artistic!
Edit: My buddy Sarn just alerted me to The Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge, where the inspiration is this photo: